Holland lop activeness?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madelyn L.

Reaction score
Hi! This may not be a really major question, but I just wanted to throw it out here. Anyways I’ve read that Holland lops are supposed to be really energetic. My bun has always been pretty active, but not super bouncy or excitable. He is approaching 8 months old, so he’s already an adult rabbit I’m pretty sure. He has lots of toys. He is happy because we always play with him, and he flops and does zoomies and binkies a lot. Still, he loves to be petted and sleep and snuggle a lot. Is a Holland lop supposed to be more active? Sorry if this is a ridiculous question. 😂

Hi! This may not be a really major question, but I just wanted to throw it out here. Anyways I’ve read that Holland lops are supposed to be really energetic. My bun has always been pretty active, but not super bouncy or excitable. He is approaching 8 months old, so he’s already an adult rabbit I’m pretty sure. He has lots of toys. He is happy because we always play with him, and he flops and does zoomies and binkies a lot. Still, he loves to be petted and sleep and snuggle a lot. Is a Holland lop supposed to be more active? Sorry if this is a ridiculous question. 😂
My boy is 9 months old and is not as wild as he was when he was 4 or 5 no old. He has a whole large room to roam and play, I always think it's because he has alot of room he doesn't have pent up energy, I could be wrong but sounds the same as yours.

My boy is 9 months old and is not as wild as he was when he was 4 or 5 no old. He has a whole large room to roam and play, I always think it's because he has alot of room he doesn't have pent up energy, I could be wrong but sounds the same as yours.
Ok, thank you!

Just generally speaking, smaller breeds like hollands, nethies, etc, can tend to be more active than some larger breed rabbits. However, that also can vary depending on the individual personality of each rabbit. You could have a small bun that has a very calm personality and isn't always zipping around, that likes to sit and cuddle. Or a large bun that is very busy needing more interaction, and doesn't like to sit still.

Just generally speaking, smaller breeds like hollands, nethies, etc, can tend to be more active than some larger breed rabbits. However, that also can vary depending on the individual personality of each rabbit. You could have a small bun that has a very calm personality and isn't always zipping around, that likes to sit and cuddle. Or a large bun that is very busy needing more interaction, and doesn't like to sit still.
Thank you! I guess my bun is just a bit less active than others.

Latest posts

Back