Holland Juniors

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze_Amita

Reaction score
I'm not as good apparently at judging for a good ear and crown, so I've posted a few o fmy Juniors here, I know they aren't posed correctly but enough to see head and crown hopefully. They aren't adept at poses when it's so hot outside.

Broken tort jr Doe: she's the oldest of the trio and she's starting to molt baby fuzz:

P8020001.jpg

Broken Sable Point buck- half brother to the above doe(same daddy's diff mommy's)

P8020004.jpg

Completely unrelated broken tort buck- this bucks father has what I think is a nice head and ear on him. He's below

P8020005.jpg

Father to the above broken tort buck, he's a charlie broken sable point:

P7240001.jpg

I've been trying to improve the ear carriages a little more as I'm starting to see quite a few slipped crowns crop up in my litters so several bucks and does have made a for sale list to move them out, but I think Charlie's a keeper. Very tiny compact- yeah he's molting in this picture, but I don't think he's a true Charlie as he was bred to a solid tort doe and produced a solid and a broken baby- wouldn't that mean he's a false charlie?

I'm still learning about hollands - but I love the third one. I'm anxious to hear what others say.

They look nice, still developing though. The ears on the 2nd one look really long but it may be the picture. How are their hindquarters? I see their hocks turn out quite a bit, the 3rd one looks pinched. I know nothing about crown carriage/placement but overall, definitely bunnies to watch! :)

They may change with age but judging from these pictures alone I would say they are most likely pet quality aside from perhaps the 4th one. The first one's head is too long and not flat in the front. The other's are very long in the ears and theirs ears are quite thin. They do have fairly compact bodies though so if bred to a rabbit with good thick short ears they may produce nice babies.. I would say keep the 4th one of any and the 1st definitely pet out. This is just my opinion according to the pictures. They could change with age.h Check out the breed standard for more info.

Latest posts

Back