Holiday Card Swap 2012

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
Who doesn't love getting cards in the mail? Especially cute holiday cards that have a high chance of featuring bunnies? It's time for the 2012 Holiday Card Swap! Many other forums have Holiday Card Swaps and I thought it would be a fun, easy way to spread holiday cheer amongst the bunny loving people of this forum. We had a Holiday Card Swap last year as well as an Easter Card Swap earlier this year, and both were great. Here's what you need to do if you want to participate:

1) PM me your name and address by Wednesday, November 14. Please make sure there aren't any typos in your address so your cards don't end up in Antarctica.
Also, If you PM me your address and I do not reply to you saying I have added you to the list, please PM me again!

2) Buy or make holiday cards to send out. They can be Christmas themed, Hanukkah themed, or just general holiday/winter themed. Just keep in mind that not everyone on the forum celebrates holidays the same as you and please don't be offended if you receive a card that doesn't mesh with your religious views.

3) Mail out the cards! We have forum members from all over the world so please be prepared to mail cards to foreign countries. This shouldn't be very expensive at all. You just need to take the card(s) down to the post office and they'll tell you how much postage you need.

Now for a few rules:

1) In order to participate, you must have been registered on Rabbits Online for at least 1 month and have at least 50 posts. This just makes things slightly more secure.

2) Please send cards to everyone on the list. Don't pick and choose because that could lead to people feeling left out and that is the opposite of what we want.

3) Please try to send your cards out by Friday, December 7 to be sure everyone receives their cards before Christmas. We all know the mail service slows down around the holidays and mail to foreign countries usually takes longer.

4) You will end up with the addresses of forum members. Do not use these addresses to mail anything else without permission or harass them or anything. Similarly, if you do choose to participate in the Holiday Card Swap, please keep in mind that you're sharing your address with people who are essentially strangers. Do not sign up if you aren't comfortable with this.

I will send out the addresses by Friday, November 16, two days after the last day to sign up. If we get a lot of participants (say, over 20) I will split the list into more than one group so that we aren't all stuck mailing out 40 cards. All the participants in each group will be responsible for mailing cards to everyone in their own group. If anyone wants to send cards to every single person though just let me know and I'll send you all the addresses! Just be aware that you won't receive cards from every single person if you do this, only the people in the group you were assigned to.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or post here in the thread! And have fun :big wink:

Yay, 3 people so far! The cards really are fun. CosmosMomma, premade cards are just fine! For Christmas last year I had photo cards made, then for Easter I made some goofy cards that looked like the product of a 7 year old. Had fun anyway!

Normally I put all the cards on our coffee table, but they tend to take up a lot of space and get knocked over, it's hard to see them all, and with a cat in the house this year, they will probably spend all their time on their sides. This year I am going to experiment with stringing twine or something across the ceiling and hanging the cards from it. Don't have the time right now but later I will look up some easy craft ideas online for how to make something cute like this and then post the links here in the thread!

I'm in too!!!

Cards are much funner to get than junk mail or bills :)

You know I'm in :)

I put all my christmas cards on our fireplace. We have these grey long bricks around the wall around the fireplace, and unlike those normal red ones these ones stick out a bit more from the mortor and most cards fit quite nicely between bricks, bent slightly but they fit, dont fall over, easy too see, away from the dogs and cats!
I think the others in the family were getting quite upset last year that I was getting so many cards and they weren't! hah!

I use sticky tack to put them up around the bun room on the walls and around the door frame. I leave them up all winter because they make me smile so much.

Amy and Gina, I still have your addresses so I just copied and pasted them to the new holiday list.

We have 8 people signed up so far, not bad considering I just started this thread yesterday :D

What did we have last year, 10, 11? I still have mine stashed somewhere.... Looks like Im going to have to do a lot more cards this year. Callie wont be very happy about having to stamp them all again, I hope I have enough card paper!

Latest posts

Back