Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilyJayneHarlow

Reaction score
For the past week my rabbit hasn't used his litter box, like be normally would, he's peed in it once since last Tuesday. He's peed on my bed and it seems more than the usual amount. As soon as i turn my back he will jump on my bed and pee. It seems like he's holding his pee in and then just waiting to pee on my bed or carpet.

I took him to the vets and they checked him over and nothing is wrong with him, hes eating and drinking normally and not lost any weight. They told me to give him pain killers for a bit to see how he gets on just in case something is hurting him.
Has anyone had anything like this before?
I don't know what to do anymore

This is normal behavior for rabbits. I would say you should probably get him neutered as this could also be him marking territory. Also what is the color of the pee and is their sand like granulats in it? Also if u have been giving him lots of veggies or watered down foods it could cause everything to be watery lol. Best of luck!!

Some rabbits just love to pee on beds and couches because they want to add their scent to ours and mark the territory. You could try having a litter box up there for him, or a blanket of his with his scent all over it kept on your bed. If neither of those works then either restrict access or keep covered with a waterproof sheet. I know of someone that surrounded her bed with xpen panels to block access to her free roam bunny.

Definitely going to try adding a blanket of his to my bed, and restrict his area to try and make him use his litter box again

Latest posts

Back