Hmmm...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyLover

Reaction score
I have been hearing CupCake make aweirdnoise when she eats things she likes. It actually sounds like a raspypig noise:shock:! I'm trying to figure out if she has a cold or if sheis just enjoying her treats. So far I'm stumped.

Lissa

Check her throat. I just went through this with adoe that I bought. She had a goiter, that was the only time I had arealy noisy eater. She was realy realy loud. She actualy had like arealy watery sound to her and would cough. during and after I feed her.I guess that they are realy rare now that the salt amounts inthe feed has been figured out but some rabbits still have problems withit. I actualy didnt believe it was that when I found out about it. Ihad to see theit with my own eyes and go through tonsofpicturesandinfo before I would acceptthatwas that. Feel her throat, you should be ableto feel a lump if that is what it is.. The other thing to check for ischeck her mouth, make sure that her teeth are not over grown and lineup correctly. Rabbits have alot of teeth, you cant see them all, but atleast you can check the once that are usauly miss aligned. Also checkfor absesses, or any drooling. If her nose is clear and cant findanything wrong listen for coughing or actual sneezing. Could be toomany fines in her feeds causing her nose to get clogged. If the noiseis coming from her belly could just be her digesting her food.Sometimes my bucks will grunt when eatting their food but not real loudor all the time, and I havent had does do it. If it is something newcould just be a newthing butI would just check her over tomake sure that there isnt something else going on. Sometimes that isthe only tip that you get.

I hope that this helps Good luck.

I checked her throat and teeth and there doesn'tappear to be anything wrong. Her nose doesn't seem to be clogged orrunning but she does sneeze every once in awhile. I'm going to keep aneye on her nose to see if it starts dripping and I'm going to listen tosee if she starts coughing.

Is there anything else I should look out for?

Lissa

Its possible that she just loves herfood. Some rabbits grunt and cluck when they are eatingsomething really nummy... like my first bun, Fluff would cluck like thecadbury bunny when he got a banana or a strawberry =)

But keep an eye on that nose!

Maybe she is just enjoying her food. I will keep an eye on her though, I don't want my baby getting sick!

Lissa

Latest posts

Back