HL Doe Overdue

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LavenderLopLover

Reaction score
So my holland lop doe was due the 5th but she still hasn't given birth! last time she had kits she went 1 day over her due date is there anything i can do to help her at all? I'm giving her tums and kale as well as checking to make sure shes eating and drinking her food. I've been checking for stuck kits.. I don't see any and im pretty sure shes pregnant because she has a very full belly & when i touch her belly she is very grumpy

So my holland lop doe was due the 5th but she still hasn't given birth! last time she had kits she went 1 day over her due date is there anything i can do to help her at all? I'm giving her tums and kale as well as checking to make sure shes eating and drinking her food. I've been checking for stuck kits.. I don't see any and im pretty sure shes pregnant because she has a very full belly & when i touch her belly she is very grumpy
I would say if she hasn't had them by the 32nd day she probably won't have them. Maybe she never was pregnant and she just gained weight, did you preg check her 2 weeks in?

Don't overdo it with Tums, one should be enough to prevent an acute calcium deficite.

Isn't the waiting game fun? There is no exact due date, since it can vary easily several days.
Patience. Don't stress her. Give her privacy, lots of hay, and if feasable opportunity to exercise, if she tires quickly it won't be long anymore.

I would say if she hasn't had them by the 32nd day she probably won't have them. Maybe she never was pregnant and she just gained weight, did you preg check her 2 weeks in?
Don't overdo it with Tums, one should be enough to prevent an acute calcium deficite.

Isn't the waiting game fun? There is no exact due date, since it can vary easily several days.
Patience. Don't stress her. Give her privacy, lots of hay, and if feasable opportunity to exercise, if she tires quickly it won't be long anymore.

We palpated her at 14 days we are pretty sure she is pregnant she built a wonderful nest and has been looking to be laboring but no kits yet... we have been exercising her too when its not too hot out. Im just worried because one of my does died in labor a few weeks ago and i really don't want that to happen to her.

Latest posts

Back