His Cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruki

Reaction score
This is my bunnies cage
bunbuncage1.jpg

He is a free roam bunny 90% of the time though. He only goes in it to sleep at night and when I leave the house.

Im going to be making him a ramp this week to attach to the cage, that way he can go in and out of the cage as he pleases.

Just thought I'd share :)

I really like your hay rack, lol. I have had a very hard time finding one that went inside the cage, was large enough, and wouldnt scatter hay everywhere. Yours seems perfect. Did you make it or buy it?

If you made it do you mind telling me generally how you did it? And if it was store bought then where from. Thanks :D

Luluznewz wrote:
I really like your hay rack, lol. I have had a very hard time finding one that went inside the cage, was large enough, and wouldnt scatter hay everywhere. Yours seems perfect. Did you make it or buy it?

If you made it do you mind telling me generally how you did it? And if it was store bought then where from. Thanks :D
I love my hay rack too! It keeps everything super clean and its easy to fill.
I bought it from Dollar Tree..I think it was dollar tree...I know it was one of those $1 dollar stores for sure. Im pretty sure it was dollar tree though. Anyways, Its a mini-trash bin. I cut two rectangular holes in the front and cut a tiny hole in the back towards the top and zip tied it to the cage to keep it in place.
The best part about it is it only cost me $1!!!! :biggrin2:

Ruki, I may have to steal your idea for a hay rack for Scribbles. He doesn't eat much hay (the pelleted diet he's on doesn't require it), but I like to offer it anyway, in case he gets a craving. Genius idea!!

CinderSmoke:
You can steal the idea! I think it works as a great hay rack!!!

BunMommaD:
Its called a 'Marchioro Tommy 120' It measures 47" long x 23" wide x 22" tall.
Its the biggest pet store cage you can get. I got mine and the stand off craigslist for freeee :) You can order them off the internet though. I think you can find them on ebay. But I'd check www.craigslist.com first!

I love this - I have been looking for ideas (I'm not very creative). Hopper slams his dish all over the place when we put him to bed and in his cage when we go out. He roams free about 60% of the day. His cage is very big also, and he seems to like it, but has a bad temper when we first put him in. I'm going to do this - thank you for sharing

I'm loving the hay rack too. I wish I could make my girls something like that but they destroy anything they can get their teeth on so plastic would be a big no-no with them! Gah! I'll keep my eyes open to see if i can find anything similar that can be used. Thanks for the idea!

Pocky, the advantage of a NIC cage is that it is very versatile. You can easily make a set up like this if you wish. ;)

Stealing your hay rack idea as well.. built myself one out of NIC cubes but they're spreading it all over. I also bought a new huge dip-front storage tub that will be their new giant litterbox/hay dispenser area and will post pictures when it's done! :)

Latest posts

Back