Hind limb weakness

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering if it's muscular (you said she couldn't groom her ear with her left back leg) or a balance issue (causing her to seem like she has paralysis/paresis in her hind limbs). That could also be preventing her from lifting that leg too high, if she is scared she will fall. Have you looked in her ears? It could also be E. cuniculi (I know you didn't have the IgM value, so that would be hard to determine).

Keep working closely with your vet and I hope you figure it out!!

Thank you both of you, yes I wanted them to test for EC, but they tested only IgG antibodies, and it was positive (IFAT 1:1280), that means we don't know if the infection is active right now (IgM were supposed to be tested too, these antibodies are present during active infection or reinfection).
I am thinking about panacur treatment anyway until we find out anything else or do the retest or test the parasite from urine.. I am searching for a lab that can do this.

Nothing wrong in her ears visible, I was thinking about ear infection too, I know it can cause loss of balance, but from my observation, it literally looks like weakness of the legs, not balance, I don't see her falling while walking.
I was looking at some slowmotion videos I took today and her left leg is definitely worse than the right one.

Latest posts

Back