High energy adolesecent rabbit!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatever4andnomore

Reaction score
Our newest member of the rabbit family, Pepsi, is a bit of a stinker! He is 5 months old and is SunDancer's brother and littermate. We have only had him for a few days, but I sense he might be our biggest challange! I thought Black Jack was high energy, but not like this little guy. He is spunky, even kicked the cat in the face when Edgar tried to chase him! He also runs up to BJ's cage and antagonizes him. I do not allow the two of them out at the same time because they fight instantly! The biggest problem I am finding is that Pepsi sprays on everything, more than BJ does. (BJ was just neutered so I am hoping the spraying stops with him, and indeed it seems to have eased up) And it's not just on the other rabbits, but everywhere. I am not sure how to stop this. He cannot be neutered as he is a show rabbit and cannot be altered. I am wondering if its maybe his age. Being only 5 months old, I am wondering if its just due to being a rabbit "teenager" and just getting used to his hormones. Any tidbits of advice or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

His age is a lot of it, but it's probably worse because he smells the other rabbits and is marking his territory. The only way to stop the spraying is keep him in a completely different area than the others so he doesn't smell them. As he gets older the spraying will hopefully get better.

Latest posts

Back