hiding place?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfreight

Reaction score
We just built our bunny a new cage out of the flat panels (cubes) and so far so good, she seems to like it. My question is, should I put some kind of a hide out in the cage for her? Do bunnies need a hiding place or is she okay in the open? The cage is 4 cubes long X 2 cubes wide and is 2 cubes high. I have her litter box, food and a few things for her to chew on in the cage. Right now I have cardboard on the floor for her, but I am going to put a blanket on the floor, once I'm sure she'll keep using her litter box reliably. She was doing great using her litter box in her old cage, but since we put her in her new cage (just this afternoon) she has pooped outside of her litter box a few times (I think she is just a little confused with her new home). She is out of her cage about 4 hours a day, to roam the house (under my careful watch). Thanks for any advice. :)

They do like a hiding place. If you can fit in a carboard box they can sit inside it and rip it up from the inside and be hiding at the same time. Mine all spend hours inside cardboard boxes just ripping away ..

You can also use a wooden house or chewable house from a pet store or a plastic igloo although that is strictly for hiding and is not a lot of fun.

Bottom line is a rabbit needs a hidey hole

Dittos on the cardboard boxes...every cardboard box that makes it way to my house ends up with the bunnies. The Home Depot near me had large cardboard moving boxes reduced by 75% and I ended-up buying about 5. Considering they were less than $2/a piece, I thought it was a pretty good deal. I'm always eying the cardboard boxes at the stores........yes, my daughter looks at me and rolls her eyes when we go shopping....her mom is slightly odd:pullhair:

I bought Miley something like this from a pet store, and she loves it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BURGANDY-CAT-BED-LOOKS-LIKE-A-TENT-WITH-PILLOW-CLEAN_W0QQitemZ380132825125QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Pet_Beds?hash=item5881ae9825&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

Cardboard is a favourite in my house, too. Empty paper cartons (if you work in an office) with a couple of doors cut in to them work great. I would definitely provide your bun with a hidey box to sleep in. Even my rabbits who are not caged have their preferred, secluded, covered hidey places where they like to sleep.

Latest posts

Back