Hides house recommendations please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie94

Reaction score
Hello

Now the winter months are approaching I want to find a large sturdy hidey house for my two rabbits who live in our garage. It needs to be big enough for them to both fit in at the same time and I’m struggling to find anything big enough. Many thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

(I’m based in the UK so need to be able to ship it here without crazy import fees but not to concerned if the item is pricey as looking for something good quality)

One of my favourites are cosyscastles! They come in a few different sizes and are personalised although they are on the pricier side imo. My bonded two share one but still squash up together inside it although they have two hidey houses 🙈
https://cosyscastles.com/

Attachments

• 092F0D1B-46B3-407A-A529-C7B4C64ADB8F.jpeg
    092F0D1B-46B3-407A-A529-C7B4C64ADB8F.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 7
Hello

"Now the winter months are approaching I want to find a large sturdy hidey house for my two rabbits who live in our garage. It needs to be big enough for them to both fit in at the same time and I’m struggling to find anything big enough. Many thanks in advance for any suggestions :)"

I mean, if you don't mind a little diy, I love using laundry baskets (the rectangular ones made of fabric)! They are cheap, easy to put more fabric on or in, and my bunnies love them. I also cut another hole or two into the sides, so my buns can run in and out easily or poke their cute heads out. And since you can fill them up with warm blankets and pillows, I think it would be warm enough for your garage.

I mean, if you don't mind a little diy, I love using laundry baskets (the rectangular ones made of fabric)! They are cheap, easy to put more fabric on or in, and my bunnies love them. I also cut another hole or two into the sides, so my buns can run in and out easily or poke their cute heads out. And since you can fill them up with warm blankets and pillows, I think it would be warm enough for your garage.
That’s a good idea! Make sure to sand the edges though!

That’s a good idea! Make sure to sand the edges though!
I was actually talking about the fabric laundry baskets, so (hopefully) no sanding needed 😂. I also love how they come in different colors and patterns, so they also don't look like eyesores. If you find one with a wire skeleton (on the corners and edges) the buns can also jump on top and sleep there as well!

I was actually talking about the fabric laundry baskets, so (hopefully) no sanding needed 😂. I also love how they come in different colors and patterns, so they also don't look like eyesores. If you find one with a wire skeleton (on the corners and edges) the buns can also jump on top and sleep there as well!
Ah sorry lol! Very nice idea 🙈

There are wood cat and dog houses that could work, that could be ordered off amazon or from pet supply places. Rabbit owners have also converted ikeas HOL storage table as a hide house for their buns. Though this has holes in it so may be too ventilated for keeping buns warm when it's cold out.

There are wood cat and dog houses that could work, that could be ordered off amazon or from pet supply places. Rabbit owners have also converted ikeas HOL storage table as a hide house for their buns. Though this has holes in it so may be too ventilated for keeping buns warm when it's cold out.
Thanks I hadn’t thought of considering dog/cat houses this will hopefully give me the size I need. I found some of the ones sold for rabbits come up a little small especially for two. I had one that never got used but I think it was too cramped and they didn’t feel comfortable.

Hello

Now the winter months are approaching I want to find a large sturdy hidey house for my two rabbits who live in our garage. It needs to be big enough for them to both fit in at the same time and I’m struggling to find anything big enough. Many thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

(I’m based in the UK so need to be able to ship it here without crazy import fees but not to concerned if the item is pricey as looking for something good quality)
Hi I found the same problem being in the uk theres very limited choice. I cobbled two bedside cabinets together as a project during lockdown. It was cheap to do and could make the size to fit my buns.

Attachments

• 20201013_141546.jpg
    20201013_141546.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 10
Hi I found the same problem being in the uk theres very limited choice. I cobbled two bedside cabinets together as a project during lockdown. It was cheap to do and could make the size to fit my buns.
That’s very cool, I don’t have the best eye for DIY but maybe I can convince the other half to have a go 🤣

Go and check this site:- Indoor Rabbit Hutch – Top Choices For 2020 - I'm using the Pawhut one.. If you buying for two then I think you need order two or you can attach it to an x pen. I hope it helps you :)
As mentioned in another thread, most (if not all) the cages shown on this link are woefully small and quite inappropriate for a rabbit. These types of articles are written by freelance authors and paid by Amazon to help them sell products. :(

Dosiedoe lives outside all year. I insulate her "warren" and she adds to that with her fur. Harvey has his own apartment with his own insulated warren.

Go and check this site:- Indoor Rabbit Hutch – Top Choices For 2020 - I'm using the Pawhut one.. If you buying for two then I think you need order two or you can attach it to an x pen. I hope it helps you :)
Thank you for the suggestion I’m not really looking for a cage or full hutch as they live in my garage and don’t want something that will take up their floor space too much. I had this one before but is too small for them both to use at the same time and I don’t think they were keen on the ramp. Looking for similar but bigger and no ramp ideally. https://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/...MjE2NzUtODJlOS00YjkxLTgzZTUtNDdmMDdjYWU1MGUz~

Can you take a photo of their current setup in the garage? Maybe that will help us come up with ideas.
yes no problem, this is the space I have to work with. The little house would most likely replace the pink carrier in the back corner as they don’t really use that for anything It’s a little small for them to get comfy in.

Attachments

• 7AC01E1C-0AF8-4207-A833-FC0E19A1BD58.jpeg
    7AC01E1C-0AF8-4207-A833-FC0E19A1BD58.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 14
Thanks! It looks like they have a decent setup already.

Are you looking for a hidey area to get them off the floor as winter sets in? I see you already have a cardboard box. Those make fine hideys too. You could always add another. If it's the cold you are concerned about, some mats or fleece could be placed under (or in) the cardboard box for warmth.

If they don't use the pink carrier, then might as well remove it. I'd be concerned they could jump on top of it and then over the cage wall.

Speaking of the cage wall, a rabbit could hop over 2 grids of height pretty easily if they desired. Have they tried that yet?

Now that I see your setup, just trying to figure out what it is you are after for a hidey.

Latest posts

Back