Hi! Future bunny mom-have some questions!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats why she should be getting a bonded pair. Especially as a first time owner. The bunnies will not act the same as when they were babies.

Edit: She should be getting her first bunnies from a rescue, or at least fostering.

Be aware that if you get two rabbits, based on the plan you've outlined they need to be already bonded rabbits. This does not mean two young sibling rabbits-- this means two rabbits who are both already spayed/neutered and have been intentionally bonded by someone so it is safe for them to be together unsupervised.
I’m not? I literally only have watched her for the litter box video.. you really shouldn’t be assuming things about people. You seem really bossy about things and I think you should provide advice but let her decide what she wants for her bunny? YOURE honestly making it more complicated than needed. I would understand getting 2 rabbits for an owner who won’t be home 24/7 or won’t be interacting with them 24/7 but if you are going to there’s no need for it. Especially when you’re gonna be spending double n stuff..
It seems like her plan would work more for a single rabbit huh? I would assume it’s hard for people to bond rabbits especially if you don’t know how they will react to eachother.
Yeah, I think I will go with one rabbit... I thought they could be together as siblings. I think after I have my rabbit fixed I will bond him...

I would HIGHLY recommend spaying and neutering, it tends to greatly improve rabbits' general behavior, prevents conditions that could crop up later in life, and is necessary if you were ever to consider getting a second rabbit as a bond. I tend to feel that the earlier you can get it done, the better. While you don't HAVE to spay or neuter, it will make you and your rabbit's life much easier in the long and short term, with few reasons not to.

In the US there aren't very many vaccines available for rabbits yet, but when the RHV2 vaccine does become available you should get it, always better to be safe than sorry.
True Oreo is fixed now and he acts different in a different way love him

I would return that water/food bowl too.
You are going to be pulling hay, Pellets, Leafy Greens out of it all day long.
You will be removing food from one side in order to clean the water size. Just tooooo much work!
I have three bowls: one each for, Water, Leafy Green, Pellets (and a very cute little basket for Hay) Have a bigger basket of hay for her to eat out of. Bowls are attached to cardboard with command tabs. See the I re full it many times a day.

Attachments

• 20210611_150146.jpg
    20210611_150146.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210611_150138.jpg
    20210611_150138.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210611_150203.jpg
    20210611_150203.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back