Hi! a question about the food brand...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mushy&juniper

Reaction score
my mom gave this to me, a gift from a friend, obviously i can’t assume this is good for them and i also researched they are not suppose to have mixed dry food...
12CE50BE-A983-4A3F-9DD1-12B18CF5F77E.jpeg636D659F-3078-497A-ABEB-FB8D382F7F1D.jpeg

All the reviews on this brand haven’t been be very good. From what I’ve been told, the first ingredient in a good *pet rabbit* pellet brand should be Timothy hay.
Other good brands are:

Oxbow
Smallpetselect
Sherwood
Manna pro
Burgess excel
Science selective

Last edited:
All the reviews on this brand haven’t been be very good. From what I’ve been told, the first ingredient in a good *pet rabbit* pellet brand should be Timothy hay.
Other good brands are:

Oxbow
Smallpetselect
Sherwood
Manna pro
Burgess excel
Science selective

Hey I used to use science selective, my bun had a bad reaction to it because it had some green tea extract and it always made her super hyper (although this could have just been my personal experience)

Hey I used to use science selective, my bun had a bad reaction to it because it had some green tea extract and it always made her super hyper (although this could have just been my personal experience)
Ah okay. I didn’t know that. I know a few people who have used Science selective and I just thought that it was fine.

Ah okay. I didn’t know that. I know a few people who have used Science selective and I just thought that it was fine.
Yeah they changed their recipe quite recently and I didn't realise and my bun sure felt hyper 😂 always bouncing around the place and flopping (although it was very cute)

Other good brands are:

Oxbow
Smallpetselect
Sherwood
Manna pro
Burgess excel
Science selective

Okay, thank you! I am using Oxbow alfalfa pellets right now, and for the hay I am using Kaytee brand.

Okay, thank you! I am using Oxbow alfalfa pellets right now, and for the hay I am using Kaytee brand.
Switching pellet brands is not advised unless the ones currently being fed are either unhealthy or causing a health issue. Just stick with the Oxbow. I would not use the gifted bag of sub-par food. Perhaps it can be returned to a store?

Latest posts

Back