Hey! ***NEWBY***

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warmest Welcome, Bunnygirl and Tiki!

So sorry I haven't replied sooner. Been quite busy and the board moves so quickly that it's hard to keep up with sometimes.

I love the name Tiki!! It's great! I would name my rabbit that any day. I think it's absolutely adorable.

Cats and rabbits should not share the same litterbox. I don't knowwhether you meant the cat was still around and the bunny and it couldshare the same box. Nope. Can't, if that's what you mean.

I do know a breeder that uses cat litter as her litter, but she has herrabbits in wire bottom cages and she takes the pan out from under themand pours the cat litter into the pan far away from where the rabbitsare so that they don't breath in the dust. Since the rabbits are inwire bottom cages, she protects them from the dust when pouring in thelitter, and their feet never touch the litter so as they could ingestit by licking their paws and taking out a stone or two from in betweentheir 'fingers', causing them the problems that Buck described, thenshe gets away with the cat litter fine. Since Tiki is able to use alitterbox, personally I would not use cat litter as I'd be afraid ofher ingesting it. I use Yesterday's News. I would feel fully confidentin using a product called WoodyPet Animal Bedding as Buck Jones usesit, it's cheaper, and he's used it for years without incident. I'm sureyou're aware by now that you should definitely stay away from cedarshavings.

If your rabbit is in a flat-bottom cage, (the urine and poops don'tfall through), you'll definitely have to stay on top of making surethat the rabbit isn't subjected to sitting in soiled litter, especiallyif your litter is pine shavings. You'll really have to stay on top ofthat daily if that's what Tiki has right now.

Sounds like Christmas in May for Tiki after your visit to the petsupply store. Rabbits do generally like a corner litterbox, or one witha higher back than front. Sometimes they'll lay in their litterbox.Nothing to be alarmed about. Some rabbits just enjoy it. Of course,it's another reason why you have to keep it tidy.

It's late in the evening and I really must get my rest. There's so muchmore in my mind that I could write about, but I have to stop here.

Glad to have you with us.

-Carolyn

I do have the yesterdays news stuff andthe litter box is alot like the one in one of the pics on the postabout other pets! I saw it and thought that I had done right! Tiki hasa wire cage, and I put a towle under it and change it in the morning.Right now she has burried herself in the shirt I put in her cage. Itsso cute! She was sorta afraid of the noisy ball i got her. The stuffedrabbit did good though. She layed beside it for a little whileyesterday! Well I have to start getting ready...My Senior prom istonight!!I am excited!! :D:D:DI have SOO much todo, but I am sad I wont get to play with Tiki much today. My sistersaid she would play withher though and make sure she haseverything she needs. Then tonight my mom and dad are going to watchher!

:dude: Hi Bunnygirl, :dude:

I'm sure you'll be The Belle of the Ball tonight!

Have a Great Time, Cinderella. :)

-Carolyn

Awe thanx SO much! I'm sure I'll have ablast! I have a little while now before I go to get my nails done! I amletting Tiki run around in my room! I really hope that she doesnt gounder my bed. I put stuff all around it, but I know how they cansqueez!

Hi BunnyGirl,

When my niece comes over for a sleepover (she's 9), we have Beauty Night.

That consists of skin, hair, nails, facial, and fashion design. All thesteps you're going through today. Unlike you, we get all dressed upwith no place to go. Just kidding. Rather than do the makeup, we justdo the pamper treatment.

But those beauty tips sure can come in handy on a night like tonight!

For added shine to your hair, add a touch of white vinegar during shampooing/conditioning.

Don't worry about Ms. Tiki. She understands all of this fuss and fun.She'll be ready to hear all of the secrets when you get home.

-Carolyn

Have a great time tonight and it sounds like Tikiis doing good and well cared for. We are here for any questions so feelfree. Let us know how your prom goes

I think I am in trouble. I was spoust tobe home at 2 and I ended up falling asleep watching a movie at myboyfriends house and didnt get home till 3:40something!!!:shock::shock:No one is up but I know my mom willknow! I hope shes not too mad! Prom was SOO fun! It was HawianParadise!! The picture area was soo cute! They did awaterfall!! We had finderfoods like chicken bites, popcorn shripm,chips and dip, and those things that have alot of stuff on them on astick. I cant think of what they are called! When I get mypics developed I'll put some on here! Tiki was in her cage when I gothome. Someone attached a note to the side of the cage saying in quotes"I hope you had fun...I love you" - Tiki. It was so sweet! Iguess my mom and dad did it! (Or was it..Tiki is verysmart...)LOL!:DI just let her out to run around and play. Sheis getting used to the ball cuz when she sniffs at it is rolls away andmakes noise. She runs away at first and then sortof pounces on it!!!Its SOOO cute!:pI cant wait it get a picture! Well I think Iam going to get some rest!

Thanx everybody! It really was fun! I'mjust still worried about getting in late! LOL Tiki is havin fun rightnow hopping around! I have lots of stuff to do right now though!

bunnygirl wrote:
Thanx everybody for all your help! Igot the rest of the things I need today! In all I have a litter box,yesterday's news shavings, a water bottle, a cage, a water pan,pellets, Timothy Hay, a cat toy will sounds, and a stuffed bunny. PlusI got some wood for Tiki to chew on! As soon as I can I will get somepictures! She is doing really good right now! She is still a littleshy, but I think she is at least better that yesterday! She likes toexplore in the rooms though! But I am sure to make sure she didnt chewon any cords or anything! My sisters cat is curious about Tiki, but Idont think he is a threat...he will just have to get used to her! Ilove Tiki SOO much! Just let me know if there is anything else I needor anything I can do to make my bun more comfortable! I also put thetee shirt I was wearing yesterday in the cage with her to lay on so shewould get used to my smell! Thanx for all your helpguys!!
HI! Bunnygirl & Tiki

I know how lovable our rabbits are.My Pepper isa sweetie pie,we love him to death.He loves his timothy hay,but hedoesn't like his pellets,we have to mix up his food with his pellets inorder for him to eat any pellets at all.When he eats what he likes besthe always leave the pellets behind,and lets us know it's time to fullup with more goodies.He also loves cereal.He loves to chew on anything& everything. Be aware of your carpet,at least with myPepper,we have to keep real close eye on him when he runsaround,because we caught him chewing on the carpet and we had to chasehim from chewing on the carpet.Cords are another thing we have to keephim away from also.

Tiki is doing really good! She was playingin my room this morning before I went to school with the ball! She isso adorable!

I took Tiki outside today to play. I triedto keep her in the shade as much as possible, but she kept trying toget out in the sun. Then I thought that she might try to run awaybecause she wasnt used to going outside, so I tried to catch her. Sheran around for a min and I got afraid that she was getting too hot.When I got her I brought her inside. She then seemed really slow andtimid. I remembered reading about heat and bunnies, so I sprayed herears with water and tried to get her to drink water with an eyedropper. She started eating and playing after a little while. I was sothankful that I had read about that! Tiki is fine now and doinggreat!!!

So long as you have a cage with a drop pan, a panunder the bottom cage wire, you can use kitty litter. Justput it in the pan in a different room so the dust as you pour isn'tnear the bun. We use it in the pans of any bun who is insidefor one reason or another. Your cage should have a drop panas it keeps the bun away from his waste. If you are litterbox training, then you should not use the kitty litter as the rabbitwould be in direct contact with it. Donna

Latest posts

Back