He's famous...How cool is that?!?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorkysMom

Reaction score
We have this huge farmers market downtown every weekend and there are always TONS of dogs down there...I've been taking Corky down there for several years now...it's kinda funny...I hear people as I go by..."omg, that's a RABBIT"...lots of requests to pet and tons of questions. My son and I counted one day, we were down there for lil over an hour and musta hard 60+ 'omg its a rabbit' comments as we walked around.

Well this past w/e the paper was down there doing a thing on 'dogs at the market' or something...the photographer saw me w/ Corky and was like, 'I so need a picture of this, he's the only non-dog pet I've seen down here'... I explained anytime I come, he comes w/ me...he thought that was pretty cool!

So here it is, w/o further ado...My Corky is famous! :) (picture #37)

http://desmoines.metromix.com/events/event_photo_gallery/dogs-of-the-downtown/1181454/content

OMG! how cool!

When we got Bo, and Tony we had to walk through the fair with them. OMG! the people who said "LOOK HONEY! it's a baby bunny!" were great at first, but by the 200th person LOL!.......

We have taken a goat to Petsmart. That was very interesting..... Lexi wants to take her horse to Petsmart..... LOL!

I swear we hear it more from the men than anyone else! But seriously...how could you not comment on a cute bunny out and about..people think they s/b scared and aren't that social...just something you don't see everyday...that's for sure! (I hear that comment too..lol)

LOL! That's too funny! I almost said something about how men especially will use the children to come pet the baby bunny! ... "oh look ***** it's a baby bunny"..... the dad comes to pet the bunny while the newborn infant is sleeping LMBO!

How do you take him around? I'm guessing not on a leash... Just carrying? I'm planning to start taking lucy out and about when I go places. She was always a friendly bunny. I think I'm going to kit out my old satchel bag so that when she wants to hide away she can just curl up inside it.

lol I was just telling my lucy about it, and she looked at me in a 'please?' and kinda cocked an ear back. I laughed and was like 'No **** it! I'm not buying a ticket to america just so you can have a date. He's probably neutered anyway!'

LOL< she's right...he's neutered. :) I carry him but he has his harness/leash on in case he gets wiggly and needs to potty. There's a good grassy area he usually goes for a good hop in before we leave to do just that....the people w/ dogs usually aren't in that spot. He has a pouch I can put him in that I wear, but he doesn't like it...he's so good about everything carrying him is never an issue....he never gets scared and tries to jump off or anything.

BR-he's doing great...he turned 4 in January...still a nut and doin all he can to make me crazy. I still adore his crazy brown self...yeah, he pretty much rules the roost still.

Saudade wrote:
lol I was just telling my lucy about it, and she looked at me in a 'please?' and kinda cocked an ear back. I laughed and was like 'No darn it! I'm not buying a ticket to america just so you can have a date. He's probably neutered anyway!'

hahaha!

I gave the picture 5 stars, too cute. Bun publicity is great.. I like when people can see that they don't just sit in their cages all day. Maybe it helps to give non-rabbit owners a better idea of what these guys are really like as pets.

I can only hope...he goes everywhere w/ me...he's a great embassador for the breed and rabbits as a whole! I can do anything to him....he enjoys going places.

He's so cute! Way cuter than any doggie. I wish I could bring one of my bunnies to the farmer's market. Rory doesn't mind being held for long periods of time, but he would probably be nervous around so many people. Phoebe Mae is fearless but doesn't like being held more than a couple minutes- Skyler is the same way. Maybe some day! Give Corky a smooch for me.

Thanks!! I think he's way cuter too, but I'm prolly a bit biased!

He's been getting lugged around like that since he was really young...w/ all the vet visits and such he adjusted to strange things pretty early in life. Only good thing that came of all that! Other than that face that he's still w/ me! :) :)

I almost missed this - great to see you and Corky again :)

Corky is such a special boy - you know how much I love that little man :). How wonderful that he was able to represent bunnies among all the dogs there. I bet people looking through the photos had to do a double take when they saw his picture ;)

BTW - Any new pics of our boy :p?

Jan

Good to see you too Jan...hope things are good in your world.

Will have to see what I can come up w/ I did take some of him fairly recent and have done some movies too. Right now I'm doped up on my sleep meds...so better not try now...lord only knows what i'd put up!

Whenever I take my Kirby or Toby out in their carriers people peer in and they are shocked to a see a rabbit. They ooh and ahh at them! I guess people don't often see bunnies! :)
Corky is so cuddly!

Latest posts

Back