Hermaphrodite bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeanluc_pippen_merry

Reaction score
I was cleaning Padme's bottom today (cashmere mini lop) and i found what appeared to be testicles. They're on both sides and partially covered by fur. I just wanted to take quick pics as i didn't want to stress her out any more since i still had to finish cleaning her bum. She has a vagina which doesn't appear to be a split penis, which would have been my first thought if she hadn't had a false pregnancy just a few days ago...

So now im wondering if she's a hermaphrodite? A vagina with smaller testicles perhaps?

If anyone has any insight into what i am seeing that would be wonderful.

Edit: Forgot to add that she's 6 months.

a003-2.jpg

wtftesticle.jpg

I'm not an expert on this, but I have definitely heard of cases like this.

Good pics.

I'm interested in finding out what's going on. You never know. Could be just a growing pattern? But good observations. You should be commended.

K :)

BTW, there was a House episode, (I don't know if you watch this series) that showed how a Woman could be either Man or Woman. So if it can happen in a human, which is very complication biologically, it could happen to a bunny, which is simple biology.

Hope you get your answers. I'm very curious to see how this all comes out.

Thanks, ZRabbits.

I did a little research and found that there are known cases of hermaphrodites in bunnies, so im hoping that's what it is and not something more serious. In any case i will make an appointment to see the vet just to be sure. Would still love the opinions of the rabbit community here though. =)

I have a hermaphrodite with a vulva and who had testicles. He also had two other deformed siblings.

It is possible though, for a split penis to present as a vulva initially so when 'he' is neutered it might be worth investigating whether or not there is a split penis there.

Hi Flashy, thanks for the info. I'm going to have to give "him" a different name if it turns out to be a boy. But why would he have a false pregnancy if she's really a he? That's why i thought maybe she's a bit of both.

When you say false pregnancy, what happened?

A few months ago she started allowing pip (my neutered buck) to mate with her and a few days ago she built her first nest, lined it with fur she pulled out and sat in it all night, only coming out occasionally for a few minutes now and then to pull more fur or gather more hay.

Latest posts

Back