Here's Poppa...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PoppasMomma

Reaction score
Hi all. I am a new momma to a bun named Poppa.

20191222_135745.jpg

I adopted him from the shelter. He's pretty calm, except when he knows i'm refilling his food. Then he gets really excited! He loves being pet and even nudges me when i stop petting. :)

When I saw him online, it was said he was rex, and the size said dwarf. he seems medium size to me with an arched back. When i got to the shelter his card said rabbit: shorthair.

When i took him to the vet, he weighed 3.75 pounds and he's estimated to be a year old. I asked if they knew what breed he was and the assistant responded with, "its hard to tell with mixed rabbits."

20191217_135403.jpg

I did some google searches, and he looks like a thuringer rabbit mix... im not too sure.

Maybe someone with more experience can tell me what breed or mix they think he might be?

20191225_165553.jpg

Thanks for welcoming us by the way!

Hello to a fellow new momma rabbit! I myself am new, and I just wanted to say that Poppa is ADORABLE! Unfortunately I'm not good with breeds either (I'm still trying to figure out my floof baby as well) but I hope someone here will be able to help you!

Thank you so much! :)

Hello to a fellow new momma rabbit! I myself am new, and I just wanted to say that Poppa is ADORABLE! Unfortunately I'm not good with breeds either (I'm still trying to figure out my floof baby as well) but I hope someone here will be able to help you!

Welcome, Poppa’s Momma, he is beautiful. It is sooo heartwarming to see another sweet bunny get rescued and have a real home and family of his own to love! We rescued ours and love her more every day.

Latest posts

Back