Here's Poppa...

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

PoppasMomma

Reaction score
Hi all. I am a new momma to a bun named Poppa.

20191222_135745.jpg

I adopted him from the shelter. He's pretty calm, except when he knows i'm refilling his food. Then he gets really excited! He loves being pet and even nudges me when i stop petting. :)

When I saw him online, it was said he was rex, and the size said dwarf. he seems medium size to me with an arched back. When i got to the shelter his card said rabbit: shorthair.

When i took him to the vet, he weighed 3.75 pounds and he's estimated to be a year old. I asked if they knew what breed he was and the assistant responded with, "its hard to tell with mixed rabbits."

20191217_135403.jpg

I did some google searches, and he looks like a thuringer rabbit mix... im not too sure.

Maybe someone with more experience can tell me what breed or mix they think he might be?

20191225_165553.jpg

Thanks for welcoming us by the way!

Mehidk

Reaction score
Hello to a fellow new momma rabbit! I myself am new, and I just wanted to say that Poppa is ADORABLE! Unfortunately I'm not good with breeds either (I'm still trying to figure out my floof baby as well) but I hope someone here will be able to help you!

PoppasMomma

Reaction score
Thank you so much! :)

Hello to a fellow new momma rabbit! I myself am new, and I just wanted to say that Poppa is ADORABLE! Unfortunately I'm not good with breeds either (I'm still trying to figure out my floof baby as well) but I hope someone here will be able to help you!

Hazelbun

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Poppa’s Momma, he is beautiful. It is sooo heartwarming to see another sweet bunny get rescued and have a real home and family of his own to love! We rescued ours and love her more every day.

Latest posts