Heres on to freak the arachnaphobics out!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv-bunniz

Reaction score
:p

I was cleaning out rabbit run today and found one of these *WARNING: spider pics in link!*
*picture link edited out :p * . After some research I found that they were, infact, called the "Rabbit Hutch Spider" so me being weirdo me, went to look in the ferret hutches and sure enough I found another one. They are also slightly venomous though at the moment I am not quite sure how bad it is if a rabbit gets bit, I would imagine it would at the very least cause alot of swelling and so on. Another reason to put insect traps in outdoor hutches (in the uk, anyway). IMO, they are stunning though and I will be keeping one of the ones I caught today for educational purposes, at the moment she 4cm one has eaten a dubia roach about 3 times the size of it :shock: . So yeah, insect traps FTW, especially this summer. Best I have found is sticking fly tape to the roof corners of the hutches and then putting a small 1" mesh cover over it. They feast on insects aswell. :)

I was preparing to see big scary spiders, and the page wouldn't load! :p

Can't wait to see the photos!

This is our baby . . .

S5030187.JPG

pamnock wrote:
Can't wait to see the photos!

This is our baby . . .

S5030187.JPG
Stunning! I want a T, but I don't think I could handle it for cleaning and what not. I could probably get a young juvi. though, I think if I raised it they wouldn't bother me.

Hazel-Mom - that's the one :) I can't believe how much prey drive these things have! I released one in the old shed and kept one - at the moment s/he is in a s'ling pot, didn't want to eat though so will try again in a few days. :)

Latest posts

Back