heres a couple I bred earlier :P

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polly

Reaction score
So I kind of accidentally lost my memory stick and converter for my camera and thanks to some xmas money managed to buy a new one.

I wanted to share a couple of pictures of 2 nethies I bred last year I am pretty chuffed with them tho nothings ever perfect if you want to crit please feel free :) after all I am pretty biased lol :p

The first is JASPER he was born july 2009 he is a squirrel netherland. He has fantastic type tho he is still growing into his skull ( seems to take quite a while with the nethies!!) his main faults are one of his ears is slightly bowed ( you cant see it in the picture ) and his banding isnt great but I expect him to do well on the show table as you only get 15 points for colour and 5 for ears compared to 30 for body type and 15 for head

* sabine if you see this you can see how I use my hand to keep them in posistion *

DSC03009.jpg

DSC03008.jpg

ps sorry I should have bent down a bit to get them more straight on!!

This second one is Emmet he is a blue fox born 25th of sept 2009 he is gonna be quite a big boy his faults are he is to long in body which means I have to sit him higher to get him to look shorter and he lacks his eye circles however he has a good head to him and a good blue colour I find the foxes get a much darker colour than any blue otters I have seen and his colour is very nice for a dilute colour.

DSC03010.jpg

I took this one to let you see skull width tho he wasn't being very cooperative lol

DSC03012.jpg

and yes for anyone who has noticed I am a twilight fan I also have a doe called Rosalie lol

Oh Polly....I only see one fault with them (largely because I miss Tio so much since he passed).

The fault? They're over there and not here.

I swore I'd never get another Nethie...but I miss him so much...I wish you were here for me to get a Nethie from.

Seriously though - I love them both - ESPECIALLY the first one (I love squirrel).

aw Peg :( they creep on you the nethies I remember u saying u were never that keen you would love the squirrel Jasper he wont go eat his tea till he gets a cuddle and a iss on the nose he is a sook just like his dad Yoda :D

TCRabbitry wrote:
they both look a little long in the midsection...

Yeah the fox is long i know that myself but there are hardly any blue foxes over here to work with so I have been lucky to breed these out of what I have tbh I just need to work on them from here on he will also be a big boy and a struggle to keep on show weight as his dad was.

the squirrel is actually not tho he doesnt present himself when he wants to sit so low as that. usually one poses them and one takes pics lol makes life easier also this line is a very slow developer they keep a nice shape right through no gawkiness but take ages to grow into their skulls. over here he will do a lot of winning for a squirrel lol they usually end up in any other colour! his dad is a double champion :) tho he is a chin

The look fabulous. I love Jasper in particular. Those tiny ears! I tried to use my hand to pose them today and was moderately successful:p I have a tiny kitchen scale I weighed them on this morning and I found it great to practice posing as they have to sit tight to fit on it:)

Latest posts

Back