Here is a behavioural quirk...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
Okay before I go off to peaceful slumber, do I EVER have something that just has me hornswaggled to no end!

Yesterday I moved the girl's cage to the opposite side of the room, andwhere they were before is now a beeeeeeeeaaaaaaaautiful HUGE tree BUTthe tree is high up on an end table and they are never outunsupervised. (no tinsel etc..)

NOW get this, my spayed-litter box trained Dancin Diva's have proceededto loose control of all bowel functions ONLY under the tree!!!!!!!Christmas comes early to me every time they are out, problem being? Iwasn't exactly hoping for lumps of bunny "coal" for Christmas :p

Whatever is going on? I have pondered this and even went so far as todiscuss it with NON-Bunny owners (they listened apres the eye rollin)The only thing I can think of is they are showing their displeasure atthe tree being in their old spot. Any idea's from anyone?

The second thing that has me perplexed, is they are also trying to pullup the carpet AGAIN ONLY UNDER THE TREE!! They have lived in thiscarpeted livingroom now for months and that was something they tried,got tired of the spray gun and stopped completely!

Are my Dancin Diva's all hopped up on tree scent? Is it like Bunny narcotics? LOL-

I think that is all..and the tree is a Grand if this helps btw....oh ohoh before I do forget I did ask the tree farm owner about bunnies andthe needles, and his family had an indoor bun, and she never had anyadverse reactions from them.

HELP MY ADDICTED BUNNIES PLEASE...

Thank you for reading this to the end, I know I can ramble :)

Goodnight all

Cher

AWWWW, they think they're getting back tonature!! :D Do you have a tree skirt under the tree? If not maybe aneasy to clean tree skirt would help out. Try adding a litter box underit too... I know it's not exactly gift worthy, but you never know,maybe you could give the droppings to a gardener. Hehe.

Megan

Odd my Stitch hasn't done anything to my tree YETshe is naturally curious about what this HUGE Object is in the middleof her living room tho. She hops over stands on her hind legsand smells the limbs the tree is sitting on the floor not on top ofanything. She pushes the ornaments around with her nosewatching them swing back and forth then gets bored and goes away thencomes bak later.

Marie

Operative word being YET..lol that's funny youused that word Marie :p I should of mentioned I did not movethe placement of theirout of cage litter box so it is stillunder the tree (a little to the left of where their cage USE TO BE) butstill in the exact same spot. The tree is up on an end table, so nonoses are going right into it...

Back to nature ya'll think?

I am thinking today when I have some friends stop by for coffee ofmoving the whole shenanigans back to where it originally was, andputting the tree in the other corner...although it is not the "treespot" ahh well, what we do for our bun's (insert heart here)

Before I go to these great lengths I would love some more feedback :)

Cher

Cher wrote:
Yesterday I moved the girl's cage to the opposite side ofthe room, and where they were before is now a beeeeeeeeaaaaaaaautifulHUGE tree BUT the tree is high up on an end table and they are neverout unsupervised. (no tinsel etc..)

NOW get this, my spayed-litter box trained Dancin Diva's have proceededto loose control of all bowel functions ONLY under the tree!!!!!!!Christmas comes early to me every time they are out, problem being? Iwasn't exactly hoping for lumps of bunny "coal" for Christmas :p

Whatever is going on?
Well, you answered your own question Cher...

Just because you move theCAGE it doesn't move "THIERSPOT". Bunny's get potty trained to a certain spot withintheir cage, or if free roaming - to a certain spot in thehouse.

The reason they are digging at the carpet, is probably trying to"uncover" their cage that was once in it's designated spot.

I had 2 bedroom bunny's back in high school who did exactly the samethat you mentioned - still going in thier "spot" and digging at wheretheir cage was - when I decided to rearrange my furniture and movethier cage elsewhere. After I got tired of cleaning up wetspots (and after my parents mentioned my room started to smell) I lefteverything the same but moved their cage back to where it"belonged". All was well in the world again :).Silly Bunny's.

~Sunshine

I agree, it's still their spot when they see the room and know where everything "was" it was there.

Also, bunnies mark with both urine and poo. (love that word, sorry,poo... *giggle*) They are probably using their anal scent glands (whichis optional for them.. kinda cool) on their deposits to let everyoneknow that under the tree belongs to them!

Bo is almost completely poo trained. He will leave a few"gifts" when he's running and having a great time..... I think theexcitement is just too much for a 6 mos old bunny! and he has hislitterbox in his cage, one outside of the cage in another room .... buthe decided that my daughter's toy barn is also his and goes to thefront doors often to deposit manure. (she is not happy withthat!)

Off topic..... it's quite funny to see a "giant" bunny sticking his head out of one of the horse-stalls. LOL!

I succumbed..........here is the score in my house

Dancing Diva's-1

Mom-0

My friends, after I had sedated them with delicious coffee :) moved myhuge tree complete with side table over into the opposite corner, andthe girls are back in their original spot. What an attitude change inthe last 2 hours! They are sooo happy, well lesson learned.

/I am a bunny slave

signed

Bunny worshiper Cher :p

Maybe they are trying to fertilize the tree. Rabbits are very smart.

Ed

Latest posts

Back