Helpful Tips for your Aggressive Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happi Bun

Reaction score
Dealing with an aggressive bunny sure isn't what you imagine when you bring one into your home, but it can happen. When a rabbit starts to show aggression it's quite startling. Your cute and supposedly docile friend is suddenly growling, lunging, and even nipping at you. These problems are not always helped with neutering. Altering your rabbit will take care of the hormones, but this will not resolve the issue if hormones are not the major cause behind the behavior. It's important to keep in mind that your rabbit does not hate you and helping aggressive rabbits become happier companions can be a very rewarding experience. Often times the aggressive rabbits are ones that are very intelligent.

The following short video (by Dharam Barrett) introduces us to Nancam, an aggressive spayed female that is making her humans lives very unpleasant. Dr Scott Miller is called to help calm this bunny with an attitude and give insight to her behavior. Miller studied at the University of Queensland Veterinary School. Graduating in 1997, he began his veterinary career working at the largest animal hospital in Australia, the RSPCA clinic in Sydney. After a years experience treating all creatures great and small, he returned briefly to work in Brisbane before venturing to the UK. Working all over the British Isles before settling in East London, Scott ran a sole man small animal practice in Mile End for four and a half years.

[align=center] [flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/HxV0j7SwBbk[/flash]
[/align]

Very interesting, He mentioned the "T" touch (Linda Tellington-Jones) I learned about that when I had horses but didn't realize it was used in other animals.

Isn't it amazing how such a sweet looking bunny can be such a handful? I can't believe the progress they made and in such a short time really.

Thanks for sharing :)

I liked watching this video. My rabbit can be bratty sometimes with grunting and charging...she did get better after her spay. But she is also very loving and loves to cuddle. So this was interesting to watch. It's mostly when she's about to get picked up that she is not very happy about.

Awesome, I'll have to try the T touch, my Belldandy isn't really social, though giving her ample amount of time outside has alterered her behavior quite a bit. Though I'm dreading winter time when she'll be in side most of the time.

Nice. I'll try to remember that. I don't have problems with our shelter rabbits, but if I ever need some help with one, it should come in handy.

Latest posts

Back