HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alliscat

Reaction score
My rabbit will not eat his fav treats be was fine this moring was eating and pooping well and doing binkys then after I bushed him i went to give him his treat and he did not accept it he ran under my bed and hasn't been put for awhile I'm worried i tried again and he still will not accept his treat what do i do is he just mad at me or stressed

It’s likely that he’s just stressed. Calm him down, give him nose rubs and place the treat on the floor near him. Then leave the room for a few minutes. It’s likely that he’ll start eating it. Rabbits often get stressed when being brushed, especially if they aren’t used to it. If he doesn’t eat it, I’d offer him something else about fifteen minutes later. He should be calmed down fully by then.

It’s likely that he’s just stressed. Calm him down, give him nose rubs and place the treat on the floor near him. Then leave the room for a few minutes. It’s likely that he’ll start eating it. Rabbits often get stressed when being brushed, especially if they aren’t used to it. If he doesn’t eat it, I’d offer him something else about fifteen minutes later. He should be calmed down fully by then.
He has done this for a 3 hours tho hes never acted like this before

He has done this for a 3 hours tho hes never acted like this before
Oh okay wow. Have you left the room for any time? I’d give him some privacy in case he’s scared but set a timer. So leave for like 20 minutes. If he still hasn’t moved when you go back in, offer him anything that you think he’d usually eat. Bananas, blueberries, strawberries, lettuce, kale, spinach, any sort of treat that he usually goes crazy over. Some pellets maybe.
Think about why he started. Was it because you brushed him or because something really loud dropped and he got scared? I’d calm him down, by giving him nose rubs if that’s what he likes. Cover his eyes and rub his head. Or leave him alone for a short period of time. If it gets to a point where he has barely eaten anything after 8 hours, you’re going to have to take him to the vet.

Attachments

• 2020-01-29 (3).jpg
    2020-01-29 (3).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 4
So I checked on him and he peed under my bed he never does that he avoids coming out and ok I will do that the thing is walmart is closed already since this Corona virus

This is what he is doing

Attachments

• 15849263144653813003245248402347.jpg
    15849263144653813003245248402347.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 12
he might have just been mad, is he better now? if you pulled a chunk of fur that could be why Is he used to being brushed? I know its a lot of questions but they will help us figure it out

he might have just been mad, is he better now? if you pulled a chunk of fur that could be why Is he used to being brushed? I know its a lot of questions but they will help us figure it out
He still wont come out I have left the room and nothing hes not eating or drinking water he won't touch his pellets he lays down relaxed idk what's wrong with him I am going to take him to the vet tomorrow and find out

I wouldn't leave him not eating and drinking that long. Have you got any critical care and syringes? Mix some of that and start syringe feeding. Need to keep that gut moving to avoid stasis.

going to the vet is a good idea, I am glad you can get him in! Also, Binky4eva is right, get critical care regardless. The formula will help get him healthy and better soon, I am sure it is at the vet but you want to get it anyways in case of anything else after the vet visit.

Latest posts

Back