Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara Najera

Reaction score
I have two bunnies, a neutered lionhead male and a mini lop doe. I want to bond them when my doe is spayed I found a really good vet that was going to do it at a reasonable price (60 dollars). The problem here is that my dad is forcing me to bond them really fast because "why did I get you another bunny for", I can't seem to make my dad understand that my doe could have fake pregnancies that causes stress for her, also that the bond will most likely be broken when I get her spay. The other problem is that I can't spay her soon enough because I live in Quito, Ecuador (Dad's job) and this moment ecuador is going into a crisis because the government took out the subsidy of oil. This made people go berserk to the point were they started something called "movimiento indigena" (Indigenous movement) which are having protest all day this made going outside a little dangerous. I don't even have school, and my parents told us (me and my siblings) to not waste things since people are getting panicky and they have emptied the supermarkets also there is a possibility that water and light could be cut off.

It's not just false pregnancies that can be a problem. The bigger problem would be that her hormones -- that will continue to increase up until her spay -- could cause the two to fight. If they fight now, before her spay, it could prevent them from bonding for real in the future. Then you would have to keep them separate for the rest of their days. In order for them to have the best chance to bond (and not fight) you have to wait until after she is spayed to begin the bonding process. Rushing it can very well make it impossible for them to bond. This is the info that your dad would need explained.

On a separate note, I'm sorry you are going through that political turmoil. Store extra water while you can (just in case) and stay safe.

It's not just false pregnancies that can be a problem. The bigger problem would be that her hormones -- that will continue to increase up until her spay -- could cause the two to fight. If they fight now, before her spay, it could prevent them from bonding for real in the future. Then you would have to keep them separate for the rest of their days. In order for them to have the best chance to bond (and not fight) you have to wait until after she is spayed to begin the bonding process. Rushing it can very well make it impossible for them to bond. This is the info that your dad would need explained.

On a separate note, I'm sorry you are going through that political turmoil. Store extra water while you can (just in case) and stay safe.
Thank you!

Latest posts

Back