Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Bunno

Reaction score
Hey!

Recently I've noticed that my bun has a problem with being picked up. By that I mean that he has started to try to get out of my grip a lot more aggressively then before. Usually he was fine with being picked up. I mean yea sure, he didn't like it, but he was fairly still and didn't try to get out of my grip. Now he has been doing the exact opposite. I thought that maybe I was hurting him in some way, but I haven't changed my picking up technique in years! Maybe he has hurt himself somewhere? I've also noticed that he makes weird noises when he's grooming himself. He shouldn't be obese though. He weighs 2.4 kg and is almost 3 yo.

I've had some that make noise while grooming and others that didn't-all are different/unique. Rabbits will continually try to train you, so if he's a problem with being picked up now, pick him up in such a fashion that he won't be able to squirm away making sure your grip is sufficient. We have one that I can cup my hand under and pick him right up while the Lionhead has to be gripped from above the middle of his back before I slip a hand under and he complains vocally the whole time with grunts and squeaks and then comes over and nuzzles for treats.

Thank you!
I've noticed that when I pick him up and hold him firmly against my body he's very calm. So I guess that's good.

Latest posts

Back