Help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claire Edmond

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I am a first time rabbit owner and i got my rabbit from a friend of a friend. Ive had her at the vets who says she seemed to be in good health so my question is this...

I just wiped a white booger from her nose and when i googled this it said something about an infection. She is not sneezing, she is eating and drinking well and still jumping about doing binkys and chilli g out. Should i be worried and get her the vets or will this be ok? What do i do?

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you've done your research. You are correct that any discharge that is not clear is a sign of infection. Sneezing doesn't necessarily have to be present for an infection to be at work.

Here is an article about it you may find helpful:
http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/sneezing.html

(from paragraph 6...)
If your rabbit is sneezing and/or shows signs of nasal and/or ocular discharge, especially if such discharge is whitish and thickened, she needs to be seen by a veterinarian and have a sample of nasal discharge taken and sent to a laboratory for culture and sensitivity testing.

The good news is that the sooner you get her treated, the quicker and better her chance for recovery.

Since this is your first post here on the forum, just like to suggest that in the future, try to be more specific in the title of your post. "Help. White discharge from nose" would be more descriptive and is likely to get more responses than just "help." ;)

Aww thank you for letting me know. :) Yeah i think ill call when they open tomorrow. Thank you for your reply. :)

Latest posts

Back