HELP!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JJ is running around happily this morning and it pooping and peeing like normal.

My boyfriend thinks I'm an absolute nut and that he would have been just fine even if I hadn't done the home remedies with him. Humph!! :not listening:whatever

Here is a list of the stuff I got for him:

Pedialyte, Simethicone, Baby fruit mix, Baby apple/carrot juice, Malt hairball remedy, Nutrical, Canned pumpkin, andBaby aspirin

(I think it would have cost less to take him to the vet, but hey, now I'm all stalked up for if this happens again.)

:sickbunny:

A BIG thanks to everyone for your support! :thanks:

nose_twitch wrote:
Here is a list of the stuff I got for him:

Pedialyte, Simethicone, Baby fruit mix, Baby apple/carrot juice, Malt hairball remedy, Nutrical, Canned pumpkin, andBaby aspirin

Sounds like you've got it all together!!

My vet had prescribed Laxatone (hairball remedy)for S'more's GI issue. I suggested that we also give her Nutri-cal. The vet's reply was to use one or the other and that the Nutri-cal would work as well as the Laxatone to help break up any hairball that might be present, because of the cod liver oil.

You'll find that there is a lot of controversy about hairball remedies and if they really help eliminate hairballs.

~Jim

Yes, i was looking at the ingredients and noticed that they both had the same oil.

Question about Nutrical: do you all use the one for cats and dogs, or is there a specific one for rabbits?

We use the one made for cats and dogs. If he's eating on his own, I'd leave the Nutrical out. The use of oils to help hairballs is controversial (I'm personally not a believer), and if he's eating at least a little then he doesn't need an appetite stimulant. Just my opinion- I know many others will disagree with me.

naturestee wrote:
We use the one made for cats and dogs. If he's eating on his own, I'd leave the Nutrical out. The use of oils to help hairballs is controversial (I'm personally not a believer), and if he's eating at least a little then he doesn't need an appetite stimulant. Just my opinion- I know many others will disagree with me.
I, for one, agree with you.:nod

Just went through that this week!!! IT's so awful, I'm SO glad he's getting better. My husband made fun of me also for buying all the same stuff!:)

If it does happen again this herbavore mix that I got from the vet really was the ONLY thing that worked. It sounds like exactly what ralhpie went through. Your bunny is so lucky to have such a devoted owner!

YAY! Now you can have a huge sigh of relief!

I've gone through this kind of thing four times and it is awful! It feels like (even for yourself) your hearts in your throat with worry! I think my rabbit is extremely sensitive as if there's something going on like winds or a new machine operating she won't eat or poop (hardly)for a few days then she eases onto her normal self about a week later. I've just gone past her fourth one a few nights ago. Sometimes she's gone 2-3 days without eating and luckily I haven't encountered any statis! She's back to gobling down hay now.

Is there any way I can stop these anxiety attacks for her? I've found that I just give her some vegetables often and change them often and leave her alone and she comes through it faster then when I fussed with her.

Their is a word for every kind of fear...like agorophobia, arachnaphobia ,etc. what would be a good wordfor fear ofstasis We've all been there...we all know the DREAD :shock:

LOl yup! If I see an odd shaped dropping I immediately start to stir up what ifs in my head! Well I guess that's the price we pay in keeping our little ones healthy! Pretty excited as I'm building a new ramp off my rabbits cage so she can come up and down as she pleases!

Hehe I don't think she could be able to jump too high. She's a bit chubby and has small stumpy legs but boy if she wants to can run fast! She looks around skitters around a few corners, looks round again and continues running!

My friends rabbit it's a holland x loves to jump! She has a cardboard box and it has about probably 15cm from teh top of the cage and her rabbit will jump on the box and lay there flat! One time she left it alone while she went to get some paper towel because the rabbit had an accident and when she came back the rabbit had jumped on the sort of couch-table thing that's pretty far off the ground and was sitting there in the box with the cleaning supplies!

Latest posts

Back