Help with using a nebuliser on a Rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DutchBunny19

Reaction score
Today my 8 month old rabbit went to the vets, and long story short they’re now doing a lab test for pasturella :’( The Vet we saw told me he really believes that my bunny, Fane, has it, and has said that when the test results come back to confirm pasturella Fane will need a nebuliser....for the rest of his life :( I have no experience in rabbits with lung issues, and I don’t even know the first thing about pasturella or using a nebuliser to treat it. Does anyone on here have a pasturella bunny themselves, or have used a nebuliser on their bunny? I would really appreciate some advice and support <3

No experience unfortunately, but derpyfloofs on Instagram has a rabbit who needs to undergo nebulizer treatment and has troubleshooted best practices for it. Maybe you can send them a private message on Instagram?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzEAU_alKoW/?igshid=4ib1xg0ggu1n

Pasturella, to my understanding is essentially having a chronic cold, where the rabbit will have nasal symptoms on and off. Some times it will be better than others. I think like many chronic conditions, once you have a handle on what to do during the bad times, it can manageable. Thinking about it all at once can be very overwhelming, so take it one day at a time!

Latest posts

Back