Help with overheating rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Bunny Drake

Reaction score
so yesterday someone (my older brother) was supposed to put Drake a frozen water bottle. Well he forgot and just put ice in his water bowl. I came home to find my rabbit wheezing/panting. I was so scared!! I got the frozen water bottle out and got some frozen strawberries. He was fine after that. Any advice/products that I could give to drake when I’m at school? School is ending tomorrow anyways but still I’m going on vacation and all of that. Thanks

A frozen 2-liter soda bottle of water should do the trick. Have a spare bottle so one can be in freezer ready to switch out when the other one thaws.

You can also refrigerate a 12" square piece of porcelain tile and then place that in the cage for bunny to lay upon. You can purchase a couple tiles so that 1 is always cooling in the fridge (not freezer). You can usually find them at a Home Depot for less than 99 cents each.

Be sure bunny has plenty of water.

Have you made changes yet to your cage/hutch situation? If so, perhaps you could post a photo.

Does bunny get shade? Not sure where you are in CA, but CA doesn't often get very hot (I lived there a number of years).

Latest posts

Back