Help with bunny bonding appreciated!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimchi♡

Reaction score
Ever since I got Kimchi, she was quite... Aloof. She has a large cage, a healthy diet, a litter box and a few toys (Though within a few days she had already destroyed the majority of them.) She's a little over a year old now, and she's my only bunny. I spend time with her every day, but she doesn't seem to like me or anyone else much. Every time I go to spend time with her she grunts and occasionally lunges at me. Whenever I let her roam around my bedroom, she goes and chews up my bedding, (to solve that I am currently attempting apple cider vinegar.) I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong to make her dislike me, or if it's just a part of her nature? Please leave advice (人*´∀`)。*゚+

No, I haven't spayed her yet. My only worry with that is that when I researched, it said she should be spayed at 6 months. I got her at 11 months and she was not spayed yet.

6 months is usually the earliest some vets will spay a rabbit. It can be done after that too. Rescues routinely spay rabbits that are several years of age. Spaying a female has many advantages and would be good to consider. The sooner it is done, the less likely that 'naughty' habits will become ingrained behavior.

Grunting, lunging, aggression, excessive destructive chewing are all potential hormonal behaviors. Spaying may certainly help.

Last I checked, though, it cost around $250 in the Phoenix area. There is a list of savvy vets here on RO.

6 months is usually the earliest some vets will spay a rabbit. It can be done after that too. Rescues routinely spay rabbits that are several years of age. Spaying a female has many advantages and would be good to consider. The sooner it is done, the less likely that 'naughty' habits will become ingrained behavior.

Grunting, lunging, aggression, excessive destructive chewing are all potential hormonal behaviors. Spaying may certainly help.

Last I checked, though, it cost around $250 in the Phoenix area. There is a list of savvy vets here on RO.
Jeez, I guess it's time I start saving up then! I just want her to be happy, haha! Thank you for the information, it will definitely help me out. 💕💕

Latest posts

Back