Help with breed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
I am "fostering" these rabbits because of their age. I suspect they are 4 weeks or so. Someone brought them to the feed store and insisted they were 8 weeks old.

I'd like to get an idea of what breed they are and if that age seems about correct...

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

They are adorable peg. First thought is blue viennas? Which end up about size of the beverens (between 9 and 12 lbs fully grown)
What sort of weight are they and size compared to say your hand? Could you fi one in your hand or would you need2 hands?

its so hard to tell what breed baby rabbits are unless theres something that really sticks out. blue and chocolate color can come in almost any breed

I track rare breed rabbits and would say they are not Blue Viennas only because Blue Viennas basically disappeared from North America about 20 years ago because of a lack of breeders keeping them.

I would agree they are closer to 4 weeks than 8 weeks based on the pictures. They might be Blue Polish or Blue Havanas?

Have a good day!
Franco Rios

They do look younger than 8 weeks.

Sorry I don't know what breed. Does one have a sore eye? Poor babies, at least they have you looking after them :)

Latest posts

Back