Help with bad behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torpedo

Reaction score
Hello fellow rabbit lovers!

I just moved in with my fiance, we have 2 rabbits from the same breed, probably brothers. When we lived separatly, there was no problem, my bunny Torpedo was very happy, binkying all over the place, liking me and beeing a very happy rabbit in general. The other one, Griseon was kinda meanie, but as he got used to my fionce and his habbitat he became a friendly bunny as well. As we moved in, of course we had to adjust their environment, they live in separate rooms due to them not beeing neutered. But after the month, they became really unfriendly and agressive. I understand that this can happen because they may be in puberty, they are about 6-7 months old. Griseon is living in vestibule so he has many place to hide, to rest, he has his bathroom and still, he is very agressive, and lunges at us when we give him food, he lunges at my fiance when she tries to give him treats... Torpedo lives in a dog cage and we let him run around house every day, and still, he became aggressive even towards me... And they didnt experienced anything stressfull or harmfull from us... Please, what shell we do?

They may be reacting to the presence of another male rabbit being around, even though they are in separate areas, and especially if you have the scent of the other rabbit on you. Neutering may help, but also possible it may not. Bonding after neutering(waiting until 4-8 weeks post neuter) may also be an option unless they aren't compatible and will fight. In the meantime, if you've handled or touched one rabbit, before going to the other, washing hands and changing clothes may help.

Latest posts

Back