help with accident

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitor

Reaction score
hello

we are in a very unfortunate situation where a member of the family while was going to sit on a chair, he almost sit on our bunny (our bunny was faster and got to the chair faster)

now I am worried if the bunny is in pain or if he is traumatized in any way

I can't say there his stepping and jumping has changed in any way, though I see his legs and that sometimes are not symmetricaly placed and I am worried more

he eats normally, he stands in his two legs as always, he jumps, he runs, but I don't know how to totally exclude the possibility of pain and trauma

is there any way to figure out if he is in pain or traumatized?

thanks

As far as pain goes watch for things like labored movement or teeth grinding. Did the bunny actually get sat on? Your bun should not be traumatized by what happened and should be perfectly normal as long as there is not any real injury.

watch for lethargy, listlessness in this case. doesn't sound like he's in pain, should be fine.

i've squished them before, they're fine or they react pretty immediately, don't move much.

When you say that the 'bunny was faster" I think that you are saying that the family member actually sat full force on the bunny??? :?
How is he now?

the bun is fine, there is nothing that can be noticed, he is totally as he was, I think it is just me overreacting afterI read that they do not express anything when they are in pain, there was minimal contact, I was just overworried (I had some worrying dreams about our bunny in the previous days, I guess I am overprotective)

he jumps, he runs, he plays, he eats as before, he is perfectly fine !!! :)

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
Your bun should not be traumatized by what happened and should be perfectly normal as long as there is not any real injury.

what you mean by that? their body is very elastic that they don't get easy traumatized?

however, apart from the incident that fortunately ended well, I would like to know how to know that he is ok all the time, is that teeth grinding constant when in pain? because I think they do this when they are relaxing (eg when huggged)

Well there not really "elastic" at all. There bodies are fragile and there easily injured. Grinding for pain would be a constant thing. Yes they do grind there teeth when content but the for pain it would be a continuous thing along with listless behavior.

Latest posts

Back