Help what kind of bunny do I have?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siomara

Reaction score
Hello I am not sure if anyone can help me determine what kind of bunny I bought. All I was told was the she was not going to grow big. This is my first bunny and I want to make sure I know how to take care of her.

Attachments

• 3B5FFFF1-1DC2-454C-85F0-5EF16F3768B3.jpeg
    3B5FFFF1-1DC2-454C-85F0-5EF16F3768B3.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 18
  • CB0E85F9-32DD-4198-A0CF-D5943922EEBE.jpeg
    CB0E85F9-32DD-4198-A0CF-D5943922EEBE.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 18
Man, she looks really young... Where did you get her from and how old is she? I'm not a breed expert, but I am curious what your set up is, which will really be the best way for us to discuss the best care for her.

Hi. The lady said she was a baby and that she wouldn’t grow much she just couldn’t keep her but she didn’t specify what kind of bunny she was. I bought a pet play pen to get her to used to a certain area of my house because I have carpet. I also bought some blue pads to lay on the floor while I try to potty train her. (Google said it was possible to potty train)

Puppy pads can be risky as the bunny is likely to chew on them. She's going to get a lot bigger than she is now... My best guess for her age is between 5 and 7 weeks, maybe younger. Do you have hay and know what she was being fed? It is definitely possible to litter train, although that activity will be the most successful after spaying when she is 4-6 months old. Despite this, I would get a litter box and start some good habits. There are folks on here who have a lot more experience with extremely young rabbits than I do, but I will say that it's impossible to even guess at her adult size without knowing her age.

As a side note, I wouldn't be totally certain of her sex yet. Young rabbits are really hard to tell and most people besides experts have no idea what they are looking at, especially if you got her from someone who I'm assuming isn't a rabbit expert.

Puppy pads can be risky as the bunny is likely to chew on them. She's going to get a lot bigger than she is now... My best guess for her age is between 5 and 7 weeks, maybe younger. Do you have hay and know what she was being fed? It is definitely possible to litter train, although that activity will be the most successful after spaying when she is 4-6 months old. Despite this, I would get a litter box and start some good habits. There are folks on here who have a lot more experience with extremely young rabbits than I do, but I will say that it's impossible to even guess at her adult size without knowing her age.

As a side note, I wouldn't be totally certain of her sex yet. Young rabbits are really hard to tell and most people besides experts have no idea what they are looking at, especially if you got her from someone who I'm assuming isn't a rabbit expert.

oh I see. Yes she was not an expert. The only info I understood was she was a baby, she was a girl and her parents weren’t big so she wouldn’t grow big. I don’t belive it 100% percent because she might have just said that to sell the bun but I’ve been wanting a bunny regardless of the size so I felt like I could give her a better home and took her. I have her on puppy pads for a few days and she only pees on them and not the floor. She hasent chewed it yet. I bought her hay and pellets and have given her very little cilantro. (Google said I could) but the lady was just feeding her water, pellets and lettuce Wich I read ice berg lettuce was not good for her.

oh I see. Yes she was not an expert. The only info I understood was she was a baby, she was a girl and her parents weren’t big so she wouldn’t grow big. I don’t belive it 100% percent because she might have just said that to sell the bun but I’ve been wanting a bunny regardless of the size so I felt like I could give her a better home and took her. I have her on puppy pads for a few days and she only pees on them and not the floor. She hasent chewed it yet. I bought her hay and pellets and have given her very little cilantro. (Google said I could) but the lady was just feeding her water, pellets and lettuce Wich I read ice berg lettuce was not good for her.
I just weighed her today and she weighs 6.7.

Skip the greens for now (she's young and her stomach is very sensitive), although a little is okay since that's what she's been being fed. Making sure she has unlimited hay is absolutely critical for her health. Definitely get her a litter box and check out the indoor housing thread for ideas on how to set up her space. Do you know how old she is? And what unit is 6.7 in lbs? ounces? grams?

Rabbits of all sizes can make excellent house pets, so I wouldn't worry too much about her future size.

Skip the greens for now (she's young and her stomach is very sensitive), although a little is okay since that's what she's been being fed. Making sure she has unlimited hay is absolutely critical for her health. Definitely get her a litter box and check out the indoor housing thread for ideas on how to set up her space. Do you know how old she is? And what unit is 6.7 in lbs? ounces? grams?

Rabbits of all sizes can make excellent house pets, so I wouldn't worry too much about her future size.
I will check out the thread I need to see what kind of litter box is appropriate. I was only giving her very little greens.

Hello I am not sure if anyone can help me determine what kind of bunny I bought. All I was told was the she was not going to grow big. This is my first bunny and I want to make sure I know how to take care of her.
Looks like a hollandlop. Not so sure. But she is very adorable!

Latest posts

Back