Help! What is this in Simba's poo? (Graphic?)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simba_dad

Reaction score
Hoping somebody cnñan help as I'm at a loss. Simba has had a horrible bout of stasis or bloat over the last 36 hours, and this morning, after intensive feeding and treatment at home, he started pooing again, but the first ones were horrible with what looks like colon lining or something. It was solid and stringy and stretchy, not mucos.
I can't find anything online about this, or anything that looks remotely like it. I don't think it's worms!?
About an hour after this, he started doing more normal ones, which has me baffled.
Could it be a problem with his cecum?

Help! I really don't want to take him to the hospital again as it stresses him out terribly, but I don't want him to die if this needs emergency treatment! Apart from this he's looking ok today, moving around but still not eating by himself.

Attachments

• 20220317_105810.jpg
    20220317_105810.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220317_105412.jpg
    20220317_105412.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 13
I sent the photos and a video to the vet and they said that it's mucous, which is really weird as it doesn't look like it! Since those photos though Simba's poos and appetite have improved, and he's looking much happier.
Another close call!

That doesn't look like mucous to me as that has form to it, at least no mucousy rabbit poop that I've ever seen. Mucous would be more gelatin like. To me it looks like either a foreign object like some sort of string was ingested, or it could be worms. If you still have the sample, you could try and take a closer look at it or you could take it to the vet and have them examine it. And it may be worth asking your vet about doing a deworming course with Panacur(fenbendazole) just in case.

Latest posts

Back