Help, wet spot on chin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb0614

Reaction score
My rabbit’s been acting off. We don’t have money to take him to a vet, he was a rescue, not really a planned adoption and I’ve seen how expensive vets can get... so I was wondering if anyone had some at home solutions? So for background, 2 weeks ago he started hiding out for a few days, but I think that may have been from assembling some new furniture near him and changing up the room. So now he’s out and eating and being more social again for a little over a week, but he’s been drinking a ton of water off and today developed this wet spot on his chin that won’t stay dry. He just spent the last 20 minutes going back and forth between drinking water and grooming himself. I examined him earlier, there’s no wound, no bump, no heat, no swelling and he didn’t really flinch away from my prodding, eventually I just massaged all over his jaw and teeth/cheeks and no reaction, except maybe a little annoyance. Maybe I’m wrong but he’s just not giving any indication of pain?? He’s had face injuries before, and he wouldn’t let me touch him. He doesn’t eat hay, just pellets and greens, so I’m thinking maybe gingivitis? But I’m not sure what to do for it. He literally will not eat hay. I’ve tried giving him nothing else and he didn’t eat for 3 days Any recommendations, or if it sounds like I’m way off, anything that could help without robbing our bank accounts would be great.

Latest posts

Back