(HELP) Weird poops

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK Bunnies

Reaction score
One of my buns (I don't know which) has abnormal poos. There really small and hard. One got wet from some water that dripped of the treats I brought them and so I took it apart to see ifI could find the problem. The poop was the same as all the others just really, really small. There are little piles of them around my room. I don't know what to think.This is the first time this has happened. Here's some info tht might help...

[align=center]Teacup[/align]

• [align=center]age 6 [/align]

• [align=center]breed Mini Rex[/align]

• [align=center]female [/align]
[align=center]Kali[/align]

• [align=center]age 4 [/align]

• [align=center]breed Rex[/align]

• [align=center]female [/align]
[align=left]I might be worrying a bit, but I've beenon sick bun alert since Bud died. [/align]
[align=left]Thanks,[/align]
[align=left]-TK[/align]

Someone isn't drinking enough water. Are they molting? This is more common when they are shedding a lot. Loki always does this when he is shedding.

If they have a water bottle, give them a bowl too. They drink more from bowls. Also, have you ever fed them canned pumpkin? Most of mine love it and it helps a lot with this. Use the 100% pure canned stuff, not the pie mix, and give them 1-2 tablespoons once or twice a day. It's not a bad idea to reduce their pellets for a little bit too so they have to eat more hay.

Small hard poops can be a sign of stasis or slowing of the gut.

Do your buns eat lots of hay?

I would monitor both to make sure they are eating their normal amounts of food/water.

I sometimes find a few small poops in with the normal sized poops. So it could be nothing. Just monitor closely.

--Dawn

Yep they're shedding. But there was no fur in the poop. We had been fedding Bud pumkin when he had been sick and it was the only food we were able to get him to eat. So I'll try it. i will also try a blow of water.

They eat hay and straw. I don't know how much they eat, but they eat it. It's been really warm lately and our house is old so it doesn't have air coditioning. We have our fans on full blast to cool them down.I willmonitor them as best i can.

thanks

-TK

I can't remeber if you feed your bunnies greens but sometimes some nice cold and wet parsley,romaine, cilantro ,kale or other veggies can really be a treat and help them get more fluids. If you don't normally feed them greens just give them small amounts at a time. Hope they start pooping normally again.

Latest posts

Back