Help Tracking an Ear Tattoo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BatmanNRobin

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new here, and RabbitsOnline has been showing up on my google endeavors to answer this question. I have a small black male rabbit, some people I know who used to show rabbits have said he is a mini rex. We got him from some lady who just practically threw him at us asking us to take him. Upon further inspection, I found a tattoo in his left ear. It reads BNTLY. The first thing that comes to my mind is BENTLEY. I don't know if that is his birth name or breeder's name or what. I was hoping you guys could help us out.

Welcome to the forum! You could go to your vet and see if he’s microchipped. I find it a little strange that she just gave him to you. If anything call the lady and ask her. I’d love to see a picture of him either how. Do you know his age?

Thank you! We do home medication with close friends who are vets, but we can't see if he's chipped right now. There were two white and black females but we haven't been able to handle them. I'll see if we still have the lady's number, if we do I'll call her. We initially thought he was about 6 months, but after we saw the tattoo we thought otherwise. I don't have any pictures of him on my laptop, but his instagram, playboy.bunny.batman is public and has multiple pictures of him.

Rabbits aren’t typically microchipped...at least not show/breeding rabbits. Breeders tattoo their rabbits for identity. The only way to trace it is if the rabbit’s owner registered it thru ARBA, but many are not.

I've seen a lot of people have success tracking ear numbers through breed-specific facebook groups; you might want to try joining one of those and asking about it.

Latest posts

Back