Help to get over a passed away rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abim297

Reaction score
Hey guys my male rabbit has passed away a couple of days ago and he was perfectly fine only about 10 months old and i found him dead in his cage a couple days ago i cannot keep my tears away as he was such good natured and my little fur baby. Do any of you have any ways in which could help me or what i could do to to stop me tearing up all the time? Thanks x

Screenshot_20191124-212053_Snapchat.jpeg

Hi! One, I just want to say, I am very sorry for your loss. I am actually going through the same thing right now. My one year old bunny passed away on Friday morning. I know exactly how you feel. Everything you see reminds you of them or you just start thinking about him and start crying. Crying is totally fine, I know it sucks, but you can get through it. Think of all the positive feelings and things your bunny brought you. I notice when I think happy thoughts, I cry happier tears.

Stay strong. You can get through this.

I recently lost my 8 year old little boy, loved him soooooo much, he ruled the roost. I know we gave him the best bunny life and spoiled him rotten. I read on grieving pets and it said to go ahead and miss them but keep your head up while missing them and remember how much you loved each other and the happiness you both shared. Try to have some kind of closure. I found a little tin that had a rabbit that looked like my little guy, I put his ashes in it. I also print up a special picture and put next to his bunny tin. Both are in my living room in full view. It is very hard to lose these little critters. They are very special. Keep your head up. Good Luck.

I lost one of my buns a year ago yesterday and I could still cry for hours if I thought about the bad times when she was sick. But instead I like to keep a notebook and write down all the good times, it helps to get rid of the bad memories and it is nice to look back on. I have lost many friends over my years and its nice to read back when you are missing them and remember a memory you may have forgotten years from now.

Latest posts

Back