HELP..starving 10 day old rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:))

Reaction score
My rabbit has kits....5 are super fat and warm and one of them (which used to be pretty large) is skin and bones and it’s been jumping out of the box,crying and looking for the mom and nibbling on hay...mom is very aggressive so holding her while it eats isn’t a very good option for me right now...could I hand feed this 10 day old rabbit?..and if I can I need all the info I can get about it..I’ve been doing research but I couldn’t find anything specific.

the photo is the runt next to one of the other rabbits the same age.

Attachments

• A0262575-9F64-42F9-B9C4-F31C2ED8127A.jpeg
    A0262575-9F64-42F9-B9C4-F31C2ED8127A.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 29
You can also remove the strongest kits from the nest (keep them warm somewhere) just for the time she feeds them so this smaller one get a chance to eat properly, if you do it for a few days maybe situation will improve :)
But you don't have to do everything I suggest I am not a vet so just wait for more suggestions and then think what would be best solution in your situation

You can also remove the strongest kits from the nest (keep them warm somewhere) just for the time she feeds them so this smaller one get a chance to eat properly, if you do it for a few days maybe situation will improve :)
But you don't have to do everything I suggest I am not a vet so just wait for more suggestions and then think what would be best solution in your situation

Thank you so much I just bought some stuff to feed it to make it a tiny bit stronger so it can fight for food better..do you think that’ll work ?

I have no experience with feeding abandoned rabbits honestly but seen on this site recommended what you can buy goat milk or cat milk replacement with added whipping cream without sugar as rabbits milk is very fat. Here are a few people raising rabbits if you are lucky they will see your post and may suggest something or just try search for feeding abandoned babies there was a thread not long ago you'll find some information there. Good luck with your bunnies :)

Honestly I would try if mother would let you feed it with her own milk as I described earlier. If she has enough milk if not you can give her some rolled oats about one tablespoon every day while she's nursing.

Reactions: :))
I have no experience with feeding abandoned rabbits honestly but seen on this site recommended what you can buy goat milk or cat milk replacement with added whipping cream without sugar as rabbits milk is very fat. Here are a few people raising rabbits if you are lucky they will see your post and may suggest something or just try search for feeding abandoned babies there was a thread not long ago you'll find some information there. Good luck with your bunnies :)

Thank you so much :)

Your rabbit doesn’t have a large litter so it may be it’s not strong enough to keep from being pushed around by the others. Either see if you can get the runt extra time to nurse (which is preferable) or supplement with some goats milk. When hand feeding you must be careful that the kit doesn’t aspirate the milk. You might also be able to put some in a small bowl and put his mouth to the milk so that he licks it.

Latest posts

Back