Help!!!!SOS!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindemanbunnylover

Reaction score
I am babysitting a bunny for my neighbor...and the bun is acting weird. His name is bugs...and he looks like there is something wrong. (I am 14) My sisters were playing in the front room with him today and I came down and tried to engage in the fun with them.I thought he was acting a little quiet...and I didn't think anything of it until I heard him grinding his teeth! I lost a bun to bladder sludge and I learned a lot about bunny illness symptoms then. He has his ears back...and is grinding his teeth a lot. He is moving positions a lot and looks very uncomfortable. He is a lion head and is usually very interactive...but not today!!! My neighbor said NOT to take the bun to the vet for he didn't want to pay for it...but I am pushing for a vet visit. My mom doesn't want to disobey my neighbor's orders...please help me!!!! I will send pics later...

I think he was scared. My dogs saw a ground squirrel and were barking... :/
He was also out of his cage...and when I put him back in...he was acting fine. Thanks! I will post pics of him and his sis in a different section soon
pooping and peeing fine though

Tooth grinding from pain sounds very different from happy tooth purrs. I haven't found a good video or sound file to capture the distinction, unfortunately. If he was in the "bunny loaf" position, he was probably just happily purring to himself in his sleep. If he was moving around and unable to get comfortable, he may have had gas.

Tooth purring is softer, and physical pain tooth grinding is loud, which you can hear without putting your ear up to them. Yep tooth grinding means different things. I found that out when Sweetie was grinding her teeth after Prince passed away.

Latest posts

Back