Help renaming rescue bun!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megamuffinandchip

Reaction score
So, I got my Poppy girl a hus-bun! She is the broken chestnut, but the little black & white boi does not yet have a concrete name. He is an absolute sweetheart and derp. The rescue had him named Turnip, but he doesn't scream vegetable to me 😂. I'm open to suggestions on names (besides oreo, plz no). What does he look like to all you guys?

Attachments

• IMG_20201103_153044.jpg
    IMG_20201103_153044.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 8
He looks like a rabbit I tried to bond with one of mine. His black & white coloring (like a piano keyboard) earned him the name (from the rescue) of Sebastian -- a nod to the composer Johann Sebastian Bach.

But maybe any name you associate with a piano could be an option.

If you're not a musical-type person, you could consider a theme-based name. Since you already have a Poppy, a matching theme could be in the plant theme (since Poppy is a flower type) or the spice theme (to go with Poppyseed).

Here's a list I created awhile back...

You could consider PLANT names like Basil, Pepper, Pumpkin, Rose, Daisy, Ivy, Lily.

Or "SKY" names like Orion, Pluto, Neptune, Draco, Galaxy, Nebula, Venus, Galaxy.

Or ROCK names like Quartz, Malachite, Copper, Clay, Diamond, Silver, Marble, Slate, Coal.

Or WEATHER names like Blizzard, Volcano, Storm, Dusty, Sunny, Cloud, Rain, Frost

Or based on COLOR (depending on color of course) like Ginger, Cinnamon, Onyx, Vanilla, Cream, Snow, Midnight, Shadow, Cocoa, Butter, Spot, Speckles.

Food names can be in themes as well…

COFFEE: Latte, Mocha, Coffee, Cocoa, Chino (short for Cappuccino), Cream, Sugar

CANDY: Snickers, Twix, Skittles, Hershey, M&M, Pez, Toffee

MEXICAN: Burrito, Taco, Bean, Salsa

SNACKS: Popcorn, Peanut, Cheesecake, Cupcake, Cookie, Yogurt, Crumble, Dorito, Frito

SPICES: Cinnamon, Basil, Honey, Ginger, Garlic, Nutmeg, Mint

ICE-CREAM: Vanilla, Rocky Road, Cookie Dough, Chip, Strawberry

FRUIT: Peaches, Cherry, Raspberry, Kiwi, Blueberry, Tangerine

Last edited:
He looks like a rabbit I tried to bond with one of mine. His black & white coloring (like a piano keyboard) earned him the name (from the rescue) of Sebastian -- a nod to the composer Johann Sebastian Bach.

But maybe any name you associate with a piano could be an option.

If you're not a musical-type person, you could consider a theme-based name. Here's a list I created awhile back...

You could consider PLANT names like Basil, Pepper, Pumpkin, Rose, Daisy, Ivy, Lily.

Or "SKY" names like Orion, Pluto, Neptune, Draco, Galaxy, Nebula, Venus, Galaxy.

Or ROCK names like Quartz, Malachite, Copper, Clay, Diamond, Silver, Marble, Slate, Coal.

Or WEATHER names like Blizzard, Volcano, Storm, Dusty, Sunny, Cloud, Rain, Frost

Or based on COLOR (depending on color of course) like Ginger, Cinnamon, Onyx, Vanilla, Cream, Snow, Midnight, Shadow, Cocoa, Butter, Spot, Speckles.

Food names can be in themes as well…

COFFEE: Latte, Mocha, Coffee, Cocoa, Chino (short for Cappuccino), Cream, Sugar

CANDY: Snickers, Twix, Skittles, Hershey, M&M, Pez, Toffee

MEXICAN: Burrito, Taco, Bean, Salsa

SNACKS: Popcorn, Peanut, Cheesecake, Cupcake, Cookie, Yogurt, Crumble, Dorito, Frito

SPICES: Cinnamon, Basil, Honey, Ginger, Garlic, Nutmeg, Mint

ICE-CREAM: Vanilla, Rocky Road, Cookie Dough, Chip, Strawberry

FRUIT: Peaches, Cherry, Raspberry, Kiwi, Blueberry, Tangerine
I do like the idea of having a theme. At one point in time I thought maybe Chia would be a good name (Poppy seed, Chia seed), but eh, he just doesn't feel like a Chia 😂

So, I got my Poppy girl a hus-bun! She is the broken chestnut, but the little black & white boi does not yet have a concrete name. He is an absolute sweetheart and derp. The rescue had him named Turnip, but he doesn't scream vegetable to me 😂. I'm open to suggestions on names (besides oreo, plz no). What does he look like to all you guys?

I saw your profile pic and the only name I can think of is Waffle
🤣

Latest posts

Back