Help! Remy ate pineapple!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remy The Rabbit

Reaction score
Okay so today we had gotten some pineapple and I like to give Remy some fresh fruit frequently. He has never eaten pineapple before and I knew it was safe, so I took a sliver, maybe 4-5 inches, and was hoping he’d take a small bite. He didn’t seem to like it so I hung out with him for a little bit and then went to get a glass of water, I got distracted so it took maybe 1-2 minutes. I came back and the sliver was gone! Only like a half an inch left. I started panicking and ran over to Remy who was sniffing the end. I grabbed it and threw it away quickly. I’m still so worried, I know some people use it for GI Stasis so it must not be awful, but I’m pretty sure it’s pineapple juice. I read it’s supposed to be introduced slowly, and he just ate kinda a lot. Will he be okay? Should I worry, go to the vet, do something? It’s hard to describe how large the sliver was but I would say if you made a C with your thumb and pointer finger, maybe smaller maybe bigger.

Yes but, I need to know if he’ll be okay, it’s supposed to be fed in moderation.

He will be okay, just let him eat a lot of hay during the day. The droppings can get a bit dark and small or a bit mushy. But after eating hay it will be normal again, so just encourage hay eating if he ate too much pineapple.

I’ve had my bunny Toste once have a feast on pellets, half a large jar of apple, half a bag nestle and dandelion roots and supreme selective stick. That was a few hours in my room and nothing happened to him. But it would be another question if it was Odin, I would give baby gas drops in his water bowl because I know that would cause gas problems later. So if Remy aren’t prone of gas, just let him only eat hay for a few hours and keep an eye on his droppings during the day.

When they are back to normal you can give his daily veggies and pellets ☺

Just watch him for a couple days and make sure he's eating lots of hay, he should be fine, if there's any softies around today tomorrow it should improve. Maybe no more sweets this week, hay is your best friend.

Okay, thank you! I'll watch him, I think he's okay with gas but I'll just give him lots of hay.

Latest posts

Back