HELP!!! Rabbit screamed in the middle of the night???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babybun

Reaction score
It's 4 in the morning now, and about a half hour ago I was woken up by some terrible screaming and Winston ramming his body against his cage??

He doesn't seem to be hurt, but why did this happen??? It's so scary and I don't want him to feel scared like this ever again. This has NEVER happened before.

It looks like a tornado went through his cage! Even his METAL hay rack was bent out of shape!

Please help!! What should I do?? Why did this happen??

Sudden noise maybe?
I think if it hit that hay thing that hard... A check up at the vet is needed, maybe they can explain...
Just keep an eye on him and calm him down by patting him

Sent from my iPad using Rabbit Forum

He could have been scared by something, maybe a noise or a movement, or even the smell of something. Is it possible he maybe somehow got a leg caught somewhere and screamed from the pain? Otherwise, perhaps provide some extra shelter to help him feel safer tonight, an extra hidey box or a blanket over part of the cage. I would agree with checking him over thoroughly for injury.

Update on Winston:

He seems to be doing fine. Back to his normal self. I did check him to make sure everything was fine, and he seems perfectly okay. It was just really scary to see him like that!

Latest posts

Back