Help! Rabbit issues

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sbunnies_o.o

Reaction score
Hello all!
My two bucks (they are litter mates but now their bond broke,,it's been a month since they fought) aren't bonded yet because they recently just got neutered and one of my buns hormones still didn't dissipate eventhough it's been a month basically? Since their neutering.And I'm planning to get a third bunny next year which is in a few months (but I'm going to wait a few more month for the rabbit to get used to my home before introducing to other rabbits) ,,from the rabbit rescue,,,So,should I bond both of them first or should I wait for the third bunny and introduce them altogether?Also can I ask? My buns have been litter trained ever since they were small,, Yeah and both of them still poop outside of their litter box when they go out to play/roam around(I'm not sure if it's territorial poop or not?).. Yeah so is it normal or do i still have to keep litter training them to do it perfectly?ALSO ( asking for someone else ) haha sorry.. is it normal for bunnies who are in the bonding process to sniff or like lick or bite? the other rabbit? Cause I've seen them in the bonding process and one of the buns was smelling idk the other bun's back and started doing like bitting/licking?or nipping? because the other rabbit flinched so I presumed the bunny kinda bit him and got up when both of them were laying down?I mean the bonding process that time was the fake grooming process where you lay both of the rabbits down and pet them and after that both of the bunnies fought!....
Also both of my neutered bunnies eventhough they aren't bonded,they seem really happy and content by themselves? I mean whenever I pet or feed them,,they always flop and do binkys after that so I'm considering if I should continue their rebonding session or not? I mean they are litter mates and their *baby bond* broke so can I still bond my rabbits? Or should I separate them for 1 month before bonding?Or should I wait till they are adults then bond them? Because I heard that adults tend to be more calmer than teen rabbits and my rabbits is both 5 months old....

also they are now already separated,,I just want to know when is the exact period where I can start to rebond my buns

If you have 2 males, it isn't advised to get a 3rd rabbit to add to the mix. Rabbits do best in bonded pairs. Groups can be difficult-- most especially if there is more than 1 male in that group. One male to multiple females OR all females is the configuration of groups that may work. But the personalities of the individual rabbits is most critical. They must all be quite docile for a group to work.

As mentioned, it can take up to 6-8 weeks after surgery for hormones to fully dissipate. So if you want your current 2 males to bond, it would be a good idea to allow the full 8 weeks before starting. It also is a good idea before actually beginning the bonding meetups to allow them to live in side-by-side areas for several weeks. This allows them to get some pre-bonding, re-acquaintance. The age of your rabbits isn't a factor here-- it is their neuter status. Once their hormones are fully dissipated, there is no reason to wait. The pre-bonding just described can begin. Check here for more tips:
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bonding-bunnies.html
Occasional scattered poos are to be expected so don't stress over that. It is the rare rabbit indeed that is 100% with poos.

Latest posts

Back