HELP RABBIT IS HAVING ISSUES

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RicardoCharite

Reaction score
Please assist my rabbit. Lisa isn’t moving much, and she falls over and loses her balance quite easily. This happened because she got into her water bowl and got wet. There are also red marks on her skin (mostly on her arms and legs). I have no clue what’s going on and I’m quite scared. Please help.

Attachments

• IMG_2907.MOV
    33.9 MB
  • IMG_2909.MOV
    7 MB
Your rabbit needs to be seen by an experienced rabbit vet right away. A rabbit that is having balance issues, and is lethargic, and probably not eating much or at all, has a very serious health problem. The water bowl likely has nothing to do with this, unless a toxin got into your rabbits water. Please find a rabbit vet you can take your rabbit to immediately, tonight if at all possible. This would be considered an emergency.

Here's a list of vets that are considered knowledgeable about rabbits. Though being night you may need to see if there is an emergency contact number to call.

https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

Yeah unfortunately a forum isn't a great resource for emergency help! :/

If she is not eating I would start her on critical care immediately. Try offering in a bowl and if she doesn't take it syringe feed her right away. If you do not have access to critical care you can blend up pellets with water, a tiny bit of banana, or canned pumpkin, but do not add more fruit to it.

Yeah unfortunately a forum isn't a great resource for emergency help! :/

If she is not eating I would start her on critical care immediately. Try offering in a bowl and if she doesn't take it syringe feed her right away. If you do not have access to critical care you can blend up pellets with water, a tiny bit of banana, or canned pumpkin, but do not add more fruit to it.
Without further information, it isn't recommended to syringe feed a rabbit. If the rabbit has stopped pooping, for instance, then force feeding can make things worse.

Please assist my rabbit. Lisa isn’t moving much, and she falls over and loses her balance quite easily. This happened because she got into her water bowl and got wet. There are also red marks on her skin (mostly on her arms and legs). I have no clue what’s going on and I’m quite scared. Please help.
Any update on your rabbit?

Latest posts

Back