help! rabbit fell from the terrace

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marynics

Reaction score
My brother didn’t know my bunny was there so he opened the terrace and forgot to close it. my bunny fell from a 3meters height :( i took him to a vet but the vet just told us to buy a pain killer. we dont have exotic vets here since we are just very local. he’s doing well, drinks water and eats a bit.. he must be stressed from when i took him to the vet and from the fall. he had a scratch on his mouth and saw a bit of blood on his teeth. he can walk properly and seems like his right hand is injured.. he doesn’t play that much compared from before :( what should I do? the fall was so high for a bunny 😭 i am so worried for him, he’s such a sweet bunny :(

Hi,

painkillers are not a bad idea, so the pain doesn't distract him from eating and stuff. Did the vet tell you which and how much?

Doesn't he put any weight on his front leg, or just a little?
Right now I would limit his space (depending on what it looks like) so that he doesn't move much.

Without an x-ray it's not really possible to tell if something broken, sometimes it's just strained and sore, but we here can't tell what.

thank you for replying! right now he’s doing okay. he eats his hay and pellets and drinks water now after I syringe feed him the pain killer. the painkiller is called meloxicam. since he is just 2kg, the vet advised to cut the pill to 1/4 and give to him for 1 day only. he hops around sometimes but not that much compared before. he stays on one corner and sits on a hunched position which i am scared of and poops just a bit, size is smaller than before, which could mean he’s stressed. i don’t know what to do, i’m feeling so anxious right now. hopefully he would recover soon 😭

I
thank you for replying! right now he’s doing okay. he eats his hay and pellets and drinks water now after I syringe feed him the pain killer. the painkiller is called meloxicam. since he is just 2kg, the vet advised to cut the pill to 1/4 and give to him for 1 day only. he hops around sometimes but not that much compared before. he stays on one corner and sits on a hunched position which i am scared of and poops just a bit, size is smaller than before, which could mean he’s stressed. i don’t know what to do, i’m feeling so anxious right now. hopefully he would recover soon 😭
I’m sorry. Hopefully your fuzzy friend gets better :)

I

I’m sorry. Hopefully your fuzzy friend gets better :)

thank you! he’s doing well now. at first i was worried he wasn’t pooping then I gave him a belly massage, after an hour he pooped and peed. he has been hopping around following me and went back to his sweet and energetic self. I guess I have a tough bunny haha thank you for the support!

Latest posts

Back