help: Rabbit ear broken? (loose-up and down ear)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitlover2019

Reaction score
hello
i live in Iran and i have no access to specialized vet.

i got 1 month old female rabbit and im uncertain about her species.

i have my bunny since 3 days a go. she is very happy and active with very good appetite.

today her left ear suddenly falls and now she always has one ear up and one ear down .

i have checked her ears and no sign of injury, also no sign of pain and she let me touch or completely move her ears.

her left ear now is loose. albeit she can move it but very rarely moved it.

im very worry about she. please help.

i attached a photo of her which taken yesterday (before problem arise)

Hi, this is normal, your rabbit is very young just one months and normally babies should stay with their mother until at least 8 weeks it is even illegal in some countries to sell bunnies under 8 weeks, but I understand your situation.
So, some rabbits have lop ears but they all born with straight ears just around 4 weeks their ears starting to drop, sometimes both at once sometimes just one and another one later, sometimes they have just one dropped and one straight if they are mixed breed. So it is perfectly fine that your bunny is changing you will see some more changes as she grows, feel free to ask if any more questions.

Hi, this is normal, your rabbit is very young just one months and normally babies should stay with their mother until at least 8 weeks it is even illegal in some countries to sell bunnies under 8 weeks, but I understand your situation.
So, some rabbits have lop ears but they all born with straight ears just around 4 weeks their ears starting to drop, sometimes both at once sometimes just one and another one later, sometimes they have just one dropped and one straight if they are mixed breed. So it is perfectly fine that your bunny is changing you will see some more changes as she grows, feel free to ask if any more questions.

thank you for your help. albeit im not sure about her age but should be about 1 month,
im wonder how it happen suddenly?

thank you for your help. albeit im not sure about her age but should be about 1 month,
im wonder how it happen suddenly?
It is not strictly 1 month it is individual but yes babies are changing and growing really fast during those two first months and keep growing during their first year you can watch this 2 mins video from birth to day 35 you see they just starting dropping their ears in the last day look a bit like an airplane. Your bunny maybe will have both or just one ear dropped, it is perfectly normal and nothing is broken.

This is what I mean some rabbits are lop-eared or have just one ear down one up if mixed breed

aba5ee65134ef4ec1b489851a0f7eebedbf18515r1-2048-1536v2_hq.jpg

Some will have just one ear dropped

white-lop-rabbit-in-garden-with-one-ear-up-and-one-ear-down-leporidae-C26MKP.jpg

Some will have ears like an airplane

jezebel-airplane-white-rabbit-lop-bright-eyes-studio.jpg

They are all normal healthy bunnies.

actually im long rabbit lover
my first rabbit is still a live and she is 6 years old.
my second rabbit died about 1 month ago at age of 5 years. he born and live in my own house.
but i have zero experience with lop rabbits and this caused me get worried about my new bunny. she is so cute.

i loved rabbits more than any thing.

he was my second bunny. he passed at age of 5 years a month ago:

DSC_0007.jpg 20140213_195948.jpg Capture.JPG

and she is my first rabbit. now at age of 6.
she lives with me.

i keep them indoor.

photo_266.jpg

she today reverted to default mode!:)

Latest posts

Back