Help .. rabbit bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuffinNibblesmollyXOXO

Reaction score
So I started yesterday with bonding my two rabbit and they haven't been fighting at all just mainly mounting from nibbles (female) and muffin (male) he doesn't really care at all but nibbles is a very nervous and sensitive rabbit

yesterday muffin tried to mount her and she got very stressed out and now every time muffin approaches her just sniff her he has never bit or nipped her she makes a kind of crying grunting screechy kinda noise I know it's only the 2nd day of bonding I will attach a video to show what noise she makes when he goes up to her ..

will this calm down soon or what im really want this to work out they are brother and sister they are in diffrent cages they are right next to each other so they can still see each other and lie down next to each other there cages have been like this for about 6 months so they are used to seeing each other and being close to each other .. what should I do to make this less stressful for nibbles as possible ?
Thanxs
Micaela

Is nibbles de sexed?!
If not breeding them is a bad choice especially if they are related, in breeding can cause many dramas and it causes the babies to come out un healthy and deformed (sometimes)

Okay😂, maybe he is still jumpy form having surgery and dosent like some one touching his under sides? (Just an idea)

you know the nibbles might still have active sperm right? you have to wait a good two months before introducing a neutered rabbit to a non-neutered female. OR... in 30 days or so...prepare for babies.

I agree with Ladysown. Ideally one should wait up to 8 weeks after surgery to allow those hormones to fully dissipate. Also, it is best if your girl is also spayed. This gives them the best chance of bonding. But definitely wait out another few weeks before allowing them together.

Latest posts

Back