HELP!! Rabbit ate poisonous plants

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
HELP HELP HELP!!! haru ate alot of Devil’s ivy plant. I looked it up and they said it’s poisonous, it’s 1am here and there is no vet until tomorrow. What should i do?

Is there a Emergency Pet Poison Control Number in your country (if so call them ASAP)

(Remove the plant first)

Last edited:
Is there a Emergency Pet Poison Control Number in your country (if so call them ASAP)

(Remove the plant first)
There isn’t, I gave her lots of hay. Someone told me to give her activated charcoal but I looked everywhere and not even one pharmacy has it. What should i do¿ the vet opens at 10

Your rabbit will likely be fine. This plant isnt toxic like chocolate is toxic.
It will likely cause some digestive upset, that will depend on how much he ate.
There is the potential for airway issues but you didnt say that when you posted it an hour and a half after your first so unlikely.
Push lots of hay and water and keep your plants away from your rabbit.

Your rabbit will likely be fine. This plant isnt toxic like chocolate is toxic.
It will likely cause some digestive upset, that will depend on how much he ate.
There is the potential for airway issues but you didnt say that when you posted it an hour and a half after your first so unlikely.
Push lots of hay and water and keep your plants away from your rabbit.
She’s been fine till now, she is eating, drinking, and jumping. Her poops are fine too. Do I need to go to the vet?

Keep an eye on the poops. And check for poop colour.
I would keep the cage area clean and sweep up fresh poops every 2 or 3 hours. And check new poops for signs of GI bleeding by squishing one or 2 in paper towel.

If all continues to look normal you should be fine.

Keep an eye on the poops. And check for poop colour.
I would keep the cage area clean and sweep up fresh poops every 2 or 3 hours. And check new poops for signs of GI bleeding by squishing one or 2 in paper towel.

If all continues to look normal you should be fine.
It’s been 23 hours, there are few oval poops, small poops, and two poops sticking together but most of them are normal does that mean she's okay?, there is no blood, I don’t know about the airway issues but she’s been chasing me and jumping so I don’t think that there’s a problem, her mouth is dry she's not drooling, and her appetite is good. Until when should I watch her?

Latest posts

Back